Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Eastie said:

Please could somehow advise how much tighter the slim fit is compared to regular fit ? 

I have the slim fit away kit from last season, and I also have the regular fit away kit from the season before. I went 1 size up (2XL) with slim fit and it fits just about the same as the regular kit (XL, which funnily enough is already 1 size up from what I regularly wear). It's actually amazingly somewhat tight too (only barely). I'd definitely recommend sizing up from the regular Kappa kits and if you don't have any Kappa kits, go 2 sizes up from your usual size.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I have the slim fit away kit from last season, and I also have the regular fit away kit from the season before. I went 1 size up (2XL) with slim fit and it fits just about the same as the regular kit (XL, which funnily enough is already 1 size up from what I regularly wear). It's actually amazingly somewhat tight too (only barely). I'd definitely recommend sizing up from the regular Kappa kits and if you don't have any Kappa kits, go 2 sizes up from your usual size.

Thanks I got it today and went 2 sizes up and  it fits just about right now - strange how the sizing seems so different to previous villa shirt manufacturers . 
I tried a training shirt of kappa2 years ago and sent it back as far too tight , glad this time going 2 up fits ok 👍

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Advice please. 

I'm thinking of getting last years home shirt. 

My chest measures 43" which would be somewhere between L and XL.  However everyone keeps saying due to fit you need for order larger for Kappa so I was thinking of going for the 2xl which is available.  Would people agree with this? My beer belly size wl be out of proportion with my chest size that is certain. 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Advice please. 

My chest measures 43" which would be somewhere between L and XL.  However everyone keeps saying due to fit you need for order larger for Kappa so I was thinking of going for the 2xl which is available.  Would people agree with this? My beer belly size wl be out of proportion with my chest size that is certain. 

I usually wear a medium t-shirt, occasionally large. I got last year's shirt in a large and it fits me perfectly. 

If you're L/XL, I think a 2XL should be fine. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Advice please. 

I’m the ghost of skeletor and I needed a large (6’1” and 12 stone) and it does fit fine.

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Claret shorts with the home shirt always look shit but the stripes on this kit make it look particularly shit.

I've never understood why claret shorts get used with the home shirt.  The aesthetic balance is all wrong.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, May-Z said:

Are the claret shorts a hint about what the away kit will use or are they part of the training range?

We've definitely had claret change shorts in previous seasons even when we didn't have claret in the away kit. 

3 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I've never understood why claret shorts get used with the home shirt.  The aesthetic balance is all wrong.

Only when the away team wears white shorts but we should just get them to change instead.

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I prefer the claret shorts over the blue ones, thought the kit looked classy enough out there.

On home kits we should be due a go at black socks again some year.

Blue are change shorts as well though, has to be white with our home strip.

Pre-ordered the training kit for July 14th release.

Had email to state they apologised but it was now delayed to July 21st.

Since had another email to say now delayed until August 4th.

Good to see they've sorted out their stock and supply issues finally 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

2011/12 was the best year in terms of using multiple combinations, seeing as we have a white away kit again this season I'd like to see something similar.

https://museumofjerseys.com/2016/10/13/aston-villas-nine-kit-combinations-in-2011-12/

That season's kits were great. Back in Nike's Dri-Fit heyday. I remember some of those combinations distinctly. The white/blue/blue away at Arsenal in the FA Cup, the away win against Chelsea when Stephen Ireland was on fire etc.

This from the FCG meeting Purslow

'The home kit will go on sale in mid-July, scheduled to coincide with the end of the Euros as the focus moves away from international football and back to club football.  The away kit will then follow a couple of weeks later in early August, with third kit in late August.'