Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Kit is better then giving credit for, I think we all fall foul of being initially disappointed at a new kit launch because we all have a vision of what we want it to be.

I like it.

I think kits with silly details that don't work in a photo, like the stripes and the shoulders, end up working pretty well on the pitch. It looked fine in game. 

• Like 2

The colours are vibrant, which is good to see. The blue really pops. Also the tea table pattern is less egregious when not under photography lights. Kit is really growing on me. Might be the first home kit I get since the legendary Luke one.

There was an overhead view looking down on JPB during the drinks break I think that really showed how ridiculous the sleeves are, meeting in a triangular point at the top of the shoulder. Apart from that it looked pretty good though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

There was an overhead view looking down on JPB during the drinks break I think that really showed how ridiculous the sleeves are, meeting in a triangular point at the top of the shoulder. Apart from that it looked pretty good though.

It's grown on me but a reworked version fixing that aspect and it would be a good kit, maybe slightly smaller kappa logos down the shorts sides and more of them as a stripe might work to, the socks are belters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

@Teale's 'tache i know we're expecting an anniversary shirt but can you mock this up using our colours - 

Lorient 2021-22 Kappa Away Kit #Lorient #FCLorient #KappaSport

Think it would look very wet spam if we went down that route. Might look nice though...

Still praying the European Champions anniversary leak is real

Edit: the early leak I saw had a different template but new leak that was then photoshopped on to Watkins looks like the right template.

Edited by MrBlack

On 20/07/2021 at 11:34, villan-scott said:

😍😍

Edit - think it’s a fake. Photoshopped onto Watkins 👎🏻

The photoshop on to Watkins may be fake, but the other photo looks very similar to one of the home shirt release pics. It also, looks legit.  I'm hyped for this.

spacer.png

Edit: this one:

spacer.png

Final edit:

Ahh man,  the non Watkins one is fake also. Zooming in on the collar you can see the fakery... Section of the collar with no texture,  section where the blue from the original edited image comes through. Still,  I have my dreams

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Think it would look very wet spam if we went down that route. Might look nice though...

Still praying the European Champions anniversary leak is real, but its template is definitely different from the home, which has me worried. 

thats exactly my thoughts too, like a nicer version of this - 

See the source image

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Please could somehow advise how much tighter the slim fit is compared to regular fit ? 

Not sure how the sizes compare to the Kappa shirts of 2019/20, so don’t know how helpful this is to you, but I have the green and black third shirt from that year, it’s a medium and regular fit but I would say it’s definitely more ‘slim’ than regular. I’m erring on the slim side at 5ft 11 and 11st 4, and it fits me nicely but I suspect a slim fit Kappa might look spray-on on most people. 

Seems that Kappa stuff in general is on the small / slim fit size so I’d be nervous about ordering a slim fit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Not sure how the sizes compare to the Kappa shirts of 2019/20, so don’t know how helpful this is to you, but I have the green and black third shirt from that year, it’s a medium and regular fit but I would say it’s definitely more ‘slim’ than regular. I’m erring on the slim side at 5ft 11 and 11st 4, and it fits me nicely but I suspect a slim fit Kappa might look spray-on on most people. 

Seems that Kappa stuff in general is on the small / slim fit size so I’d be nervous about ordering a slim fit.

Much appreciated 👍