Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

You think Macron were shit, and Nike's deliveries were bad, Rangers had Castore shirts arriving in their club shop with Umbro backneck labels in.  Their fans HATE the product.

Superdry are absolutely on their arse, so there's no way they're getting near a Premier League club of our level.  Uniqlo could afford it, but it doesn't suit their business model.  Individual sports makes sense, but team sports would be a leap for them.  Umbro wouldn't be able to afford us now either.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hummel have a go at getting back into Villa.  They've got the ambition and they're growing as a brand.

Castore seem like chancers who’ve bagged a Dragons Den style investment.

• Haha 2

Personally I don’t see the fuss with Adidas kits.... i would love Puma as the next designers. 

As for the comparison with kappa to macron!!! Chalk and cheese.... yeah I think the kappa home shirts have been a bit meh but still piss on macron designs IMO and the away shirts have been Ace... I have really liked all of them... especially the 3rd shirts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmyg said:

Personally I don’t see the fuss with Adidas kits.... i would love Puma as the next designers. 

As for the comparison with kappa to macron!!! Chalk and cheese.... yeah I think the kappa home shirts have been a bit meh but still piss on macron designs IMO and the away shirts have been Ace... I have really liked all of them... especially the 3rd shirts. 

I think it is likely we get adidas because Nassef is a large shareholder (like 15-20% which is the largest at the company) so he would have some sway when it comes to deals like that I imagine. Although it could also be a conflict of interest and he isn't allowed to do that. 

7 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think it is likely we get adidas because Nassef is a large shareholder (like 15-20% which is the largest at the company) so he would have some sway when it comes to deals like that I imagine. Although it could also be a conflict of interest and he isn't allowed to do that. 

That’s the thing yeah, people are assuming that just because he is a major share holder that Adidas is a Shoe in... I’m not sure it’s that straight forward, I wouldn’t be that disappointed if it wasn’t as long as it is not a backward or side ways step....and we aren’t getting templates. 

13 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

I would like Puma too…

The main reason Adidas is being brought up is because it seems like a likely option, especially as Nassef has a stake in them…

Kappa’s quality has been appalling imo, just take a look at our home kit in our first season back in the PL…

Peeling and misalignment of the badge & text and logos has been a recurring issue too… many customers complaints and returns…

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Weird sleeves, dull, cheap.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Hoganaldo said:

villa.jpg

as-roma-home-away-shirts.jpeg

@Teale's 'tache do you think you could replicate the Villa shirts but with the modern lion?

Wondering if the home would look better with claret sleeves too… maybe too plain but could look smarter… blue “sleeve ends” instead would look good I think (like the Roma one).

Thank you.

Absolutely love these…

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Let’s be honest, Kappa have been shite.

Will be good to see the back of them and actually have some quality kits, gear and merchandise…

Can’t deny the quality issues as you have shown... but like it has been stated I don’t think that’s down to them but fanatics. I have a few kappa items and I haven’t had problems but that’s not to say they didn’t exist. I am more referring to the designs them selves I have liked them... and the training gear.

One of the reasons the luke kit is so fondly remembered is because it was outside the box with its design.. not the standard and often demanded claret body blue sleeves...... I just really wish we would go out side the box more often as some of our finest shirt designs have been away from the norm and has produced some of our classics. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hoganaldo said:

villa.jpg

as-roma-home-away-shirts.jpeg

I love many of the Roma kits as they are pretty classy but these are more like polo shirts than football. Proper shit and the Villa mock ups above look horrendous imo. 

I'm too old to really worry about football shirt designs/looks now, let just say my first Vila shirt was an umbro classic with a home made No.9 stitched on the back so that I could be Andy Gray

Anyhow NurembergVillan , I really do find your input on shirt design, why certain things will/won't work very insightful. It would also be great to have "one of our own" designing the club shirt.  Good luck!!

• Like 2

Not fussed on Adidas personally as will always associate them with West Ham historically and I don't see what Adidas could do unique to us that they haven't for the Hammers? Is there any potential conflict of interest with Nasif's involvement? 

I think Hummel have done some great stuff lately for Everton so wouldn't surprise me if we had them back. Has anybody mentioned New Balance?