Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

I’d be happy with Puma, Adidas or Nike next…

Kappa quality and design is so poor… it isn’t far off Macron and even a few of their designs were better…

We need to get away from these cheaper and lower quality brands/manufacturers now… we’ve established ourselves in the league, have gained exposure through some of our results/performances & high profile players and are looking to get into Europe now.

We are a much more attractive proposition than when we were initially promoted…

With a better manufacturer, the training gear and clothing & accessories etc. for fans will be better too.

Most of all, it would be more commercially beneficial to the club…the deal could even pay for a signing.

I don't really buy kits that often tbh, the only recent one I bought was the Luke home shirt. I think it would need to be someone 'cool' like that designing our shirt again next year for me to buy it.

Kappa definitely have the potential to make cool kits but they've not really hit the mark with any of them for us imo.

Of the big boys, I think the only way I'd buy it is if Nike did us an Air Jordan deal like PSG which will never happen in a million years or if Adidas did us an Originals shirt, complete with the trefoil logo.

That option is only kept alive in my imagination due to big Nas and his stake in Adidas. If that happened they could name their price though.

Make the blue more of a traditional deeper Villa blue and make the stripes blue and that first Adidas concept home shirt would be pretty good. As it is with that light shade of blue and the white stripes it looks too West Ham. 

Edited by Ingram85

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Make the blue more of a traditional deeper Villa blue and make the stripes blue and that first Adidas concept home shirt would be pretty good. As it is with that light shade of blue and the white stripes it looks too West Ham. 

The stripes should definitely be blue, white was a poor choice.

• Like 1

Macron designs were awful overall IMO and I don’t have get the hate for kappa’s designs in comparison… http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm Not a whole lot that can be done with a claret body & blue arms. This seasons kit appears to have some nice nuanced design touches and subtle detailing.

I’m more an away shirt connoisseur myself anyway nowadays… The rarely talked about Luke 3rd shirt 😍❤️ One can only own so many Claret & Blue home shirts after 31years after all… 

Also when taking about next manufacturer - I’m a Nike man through & though brand wise… that said I don’t think I’d like to see them as our shirt provider ever again after the debacle last time… shirts not available to buy until November !!! https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-kit-delayed-for-three-249329.amp That’s seriously messed up and pretty unforgivable Surley?! 

It’ll be Adidas or someone leftfield like UniQlo or Castore IMO.  I know for fact that Superdry have considered entering the kit market and have signed Neymar up to advertise underwear …🤔

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

No yo Nike and Adidas, ironically nothing will make us look more small time. For example, Nike have been using the same template for Brighton since 2016. I'd rather have a divisive current design than that.

29 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Macron designs were awful overall IMO and I don’t have get the hate for kappa’s designs in comparison… http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm Not a whole lot that can be done with a claret body & blue arms. This seasons kit appears to have some nice nuanced design touches and subtle detailing.

I’m more an away shirt connoisseur myself anyway nowadays… The rarely talked about Luke 3rd shirt 😍❤️ One can only own so many Claret & Blue home shirts after 31years after all… 

Also when taking about next manufacturer - I’m a Nike man through & though brand wise… that said I don’t think I’d like to see them as our shirt provider ever again after the debacle last time… shirts not available to buy until November !!! https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-kit-delayed-for-three-249329.amp That’s seriously messed up and pretty unforgivable Surley?! 

It’ll be Adidas or someone leftfield like UniQlo or Castore IMO.  I know for fact that Superdry have considered entering the kit market and have signed Neymar up to advertise underwear …🤔

You think Macron were shit, and Nike's deliveries were bad, Rangers had Castore shirts arriving in their club shop with Umbro backneck labels in.  Their fans HATE the product.

Superdry are absolutely on their arse, so there's no way they're getting near a Premier League club of our level.  Uniqlo could afford it, but it doesn't suit their business model.  Individual sports makes sense, but team sports would be a leap for them.  Umbro wouldn't be able to afford us now either.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hummel have a go at getting back into Villa.  They've got the ambition and they're growing as a brand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

You think Macron were shit, and Nike's deliveries were bad, Rangers had Castore shirts arriving in their club shop with Umbro backneck labels in.  Their fans HATE the product.

Superdry are absolutely on their arse, so there's no way they're getting near a Premier League club of our level.  Uniqlo could afford it, but it doesn't suit their business model.  Individual sports makes sense, but team sports would be a leap for them.  Umbro wouldn't be able to afford us now either.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hummel have a go at getting back into Villa.  They've got the ambition and they're growing as a brand.

Their Everton efforts are beautiful. Big fan of Hummel. 

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Who would you prefer or think would be best?

The thing with the bigger or more renowned manufacturers is that they can offer more lucrative deals as well as the superior build/material quality etc. Beyond the kits I can see other gear such as jackets and tees being more attractive & appealing and of a much higher quality too..

I think Kappa have been very poor, Macron were shite…

I really have no qualms about going for the likes of Nike/Adidas/Puma…

If the club desires it, could we not have more of an input on final designs? Something that could be brought up in fan meetings maybe…

Hummel aren’t bad but I’m not a fan of the chevrons…

Btw, what do you think of the Puma Italy kits?

The green third kit is excellent imo…