Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

If that is ultimately the third shirt then a big meh from me. This is still my all-time favorite third shirt we have had😍

aston-villa-2000-01-third.jpg

Not a Kappa fit that. They would probably get 3 jerseys out of the same amount of fabric :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

I feel left out that this was absent from my childhood, but now, I can't unsee it. You, the Melvillan too...likely more. Ongoing though, I guess that gives me some entertainment to make half times more interesting.

Image off Google:

download.jpg

87D.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

This is where we could disappear into the weeds of the industry, but essentially I don't think their sizing strategy is different, it's their fit strategy.  So for them, a large is supposed to fit like that on a large person.

Where we get into differences is what constitutes a large person.  I'm a large.  Ezri Konsa probably is too.  We all know who's going to look good in a Villa shirt and who isn't!

Kappa is designed for athletes, so that's how they create their fit.  What I'd do differently, and have in the past, is create a different fit for fans - a bigger difference than there currently is with Kappa.

We've been reviewing the new kit designs for our Twitter feed and the Kappa one is far narrower than other pro shirts.  But that's the fit, not the size.

Thanks Rob, what you're saying makes sense. FWIW however, I don't think Ezri looks too bad in a Villa shirt 😁

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nephew went today to spend his birthday money.

Good news for fans of Nakamba, Cash or Konsa - still no E's or I's available for shirt printing.

That’s terrible really and in school holidays when kids want shirts with their favourite players on the back.  So player names like Mings, Watkins, Buendia unavailable? 

Imagine kids wanting a goalkeeper shirt but sorry you can’t have a Martinez one? Shocking.

No excuse for stock levels being so low. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nephew went today to spend his birthday money.

Good news for fans of Nakamba, Cash or Konsa - still no E's or I's available

They really are standing by that lie... I was convinced that was just a sly way to minimise losses when Jack left. Even if the shop weren't in on it,  I just assumed someone in power had blocked the supply.

6 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

This is where we could disappear into the weeds of the industry, but essentially I don't think their sizing strategy is different, it's their fit strategy.  So for them, a large is supposed to fit like that on a large person.

Where we get into differences is what constitutes a large person.  I'm a large.  Ezri Konsa probably is too.  We all know who's going to look good in a Villa shirt and who isn't!

Kappa is designed for athletes, so that's how they create their fit.  What I'd do differently, and have in the past, is create a different fit for fans - a bigger difference than there currently is with Kappa.

We've been reviewing the new kit designs for our Twitter feed and the Kappa one is far narrower than other pro shirts.  But that's the fit, not the size.

In fairness to Kappa, ALL of their kits throughout history have been like this. I used to own a Roma shirt, circa 2002 back when I was 9 stone ringing wet and had to buy a medium because I couldn't breath in a small. I wish I had kept it, although I would probably struggle to get it over my head these days. 

I mean honestly, for me, I prefer a close fit to the following variety. All due respect to the memories and the man himself...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In fairness to Kappa, ALL of their kits throughout history have been like this. I used to own a Roma shirt, circa 2002 back when I was 9 stone ringing wet and had to buy a medium because I couldn't breath in a small. I wish I had kept it, although I would probably struggle to get it over my head these days. 

I mean honestly, for me, I prefer a close fit to the following variety. All due respect to the memories and the man himself...

Wow, he looks totally different. I wouldn’t recognise him if he walked past me in the street, even with that shirt on.

18 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Yeah, I’d have thought that would have been one of the main differences between a ‘Stadium’ shirt and a ‘Pro’ shirt, to be honest, but it seems like even Kappa’s stadium shirt sizes are a bit tighter than most other sport’s clothing companies.

Edited by Ginko