Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That green is horrid, rest of the gear is nice. Particularly the claret jacket & plain top.

We are all different beasts, aren't we? I saw the green training kit and loved it. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think the opposite, they've put too much thought in to it

its too busy, detail on the collar, detail on the shoulders, detail under the arm, about 4 details on the body...it only needs a claret body and blue arms...but they cant charge £60 for that so they come up with this

FWIW i think there are a lot of shirts out there this summer that are doing the same

I hadnt seen the close ups, less is definitely more. The horizontal ribbing of the material and the different widths of vertical lines looks well weird too. Also, by making the main sponsor logo so big across the body it wraps round into the sides, cutting it the start/end letters off on the slimmer players. Looks nasty and classless. 

Edited by The Other Mat
Missed a bit.

Leaks were correct then. Bit busy isn’t it. Those sleeves/shoulders and the way the sleeves meet the collar are absolutely awful. It ain’t the worst kit we’ve ever had but it sits firmly in the completely forgettable camp. Hopefully the away and third look better in the flesh than in the graphic leak. 

• Like 1

I don't hate it, seen much worse, and it does look better on the players with pro lighting/camera.

I think the problem is the pattern is too prominent, I think if there was less contrast between the stripes then the pattern wouldn't be demanding so much attention and the overall balance of the design would be much better. As others have said it seems a bit too busy.

Then again I wasn't overly excited by last years kit to begin with but grew to love it.

• Like 1