VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

26 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The Beach Boys missed the boat by not letting that nice old chap , Keith join the band .

His image just doesn't fit...

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just posted about that above. Amazon cancelling the CD set.

You going for the coloured vinyl too?

Black vinyl for me, I think. I didn’t specify so I presume it’s going to be black.

Interesting, on the site I use, the list of versions available has the 5 CD version crossed out.

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Black vinyl for me, I think. I didn’t specify so I presume it’s going to be black.

Interesting, on the site I use, the list of versions available has the 5 CD version crossed out.

It's strange, surely can't be over-subscribed? Not for an 80 quid box-set. Amazon cancelled orders, many sites I checked out either say "out of stock" or "sold out".

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It's strange, surely can't be over-subscribed? Not for an 80 quid box-set. Amazon cancelled orders, many sites I checked out either say "out of stock" or "sold out".

Lack of demand, cancelled project

:trollface:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah it does feel odd that they would have underestimated demand for such a high price item.

It could be, and this is pure guess work, that they made the minimum quantity they could guarantee would sell and left the rest of the order until they could gauge demand and they’ve fallen victim to the current omnishambles of covid/brexit/lorry driver disrupted materials supply.

5 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Oh yeah no doubt it is played more than the others I'll give you that; even still though I listen to the whole thing when it does just can't help it.

Same thing on my local rock station where they tend to overplay War Pigs. One of my faves by Sabbath, but do wish they would play a bit more of their other stuff.

Don't get me started on rock radio.

The two main ones in the UK are Absolute Classic, and Planet Rock.

On any given day they will play virtually the same list of songs, including Bon Jovi and Def Leppard (which all sound the same), White Wedding or Rebel Yell by Billy Idol (its as if he only recorded two tracks in his whole career) The Passenger by Iggy Pop, Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams, Baba O'Reilly by The Who, some shit by U2, Cherry Pie by Warrant, Sweet Child O Mine by GnR...you get the picture. **** boring.

This is why, in addition to my own records, I have three internet radios dotted about where I mainly listen to US rock stations, and West Coast Golden radio which plays 70's/80's chilled sounds and yacht rock.

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

On any given day they will play virtually the same list of songs, including Bon Jovi and Def Leppard (which all sound the same), White Wedding or Rebel Yell by Billy Idol (its as if he only recorded two tracks in his whole career) The Passenger by Iggy Pop, Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams, Baba O'Reilly by The Who, some shit by U2, Cherry Pie by Warrant, Sweet Child O Mine by GnR...

…and that is why I gave them the launch codes and the name of all our sleeper agents, my bank account details, those pictures I took of you on that drunk camping trip, the password for the Ocado account and all my Tesco points. 

You have to understand, they’d left me in that room with that radio for the best part of an hour.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Don't get me started on rock radio.

The two main ones in the UK are Absolute Classic, and Planet Rock.

On any given day they will play virtually the same list of songs, including Bon Jovi and Def Leppard (which all sound the same), White Wedding or Rebel Yell by Billy Idol (its as if he only recorded two tracks in his whole career) The Passenger by Iggy Pop, Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams, Baba O'Reilly by The Who, some shit by U2, Cherry Pie by Warrant, Sweet Child O Mine by GnR...you get the picture. **** boring.

This is why, in addition to my own records, I have three internet radios dotted about where I mainly listen to US rock stations, and West Coast Golden radio which plays 70's/80's chilled sounds and yacht rock.

I agree. That's why I am really thinking of reupping my Sirius subscription again(Satelite radio). Below is the great rock channels that they have:

https://www.siriusxm.com/music/rock

Very disappointing trip to Swansea today, I went to Derrick’s Records because on their website they claimed to have a copy of an Ancient Grease album.

They didn’t.

When I asked if they had it, as it was listed on their website, they basically said they never bother taking stuff off the website, so its really just a running list of every record they’ve ever had through the doors. What a shit show.

13 hours ago, rjw63 said:

@Zhan_Zhuang...don't know if you ordered the Beach Boys "Feel Flows Boxset"?

Amazon have cancelled a shitload of peoples orders for the 5cd set including mine. Had to find it elsewhere.

Happily the 4 disc coloured vinyl set is still good to arrive although that wasn't from Amazon.

Thanks for the info.

No I hadn't ordered the CD, yet.

I noticed the coloured Vinyl had been delayed too, can't wait to get my eyes and ears on it.

• Like 1

As I’m on about fits of rage . Who was the most disliked Beatle ? My grandad had an irrational hatred of Paul McCartney . He liked The Beatles , but hated McCartney , and never bought his solo stuff. Not sure why this was.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Who was the most disliked Beatle ?

History will declare it to be John Lemon eventually. Yoko protects his memory but once she's gone (which can't be that far off) the dirt will come out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

History will declare it to be John Lemon eventually. Yoko protects his memory but once she's gone (which can't be that far off) the dirt will come out.

The dirt ?  I did hear he used to knock women about sometimes , or am I mistaken . 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

He really wasn't that nice a person, yes that's one of the stories about him

I’m far from a Lennon worshipper, and  he did come across that he had a nasty streak in him. The other 3 seemed more outgoing and easier to get on with . Ringo being my favourite to share a drink with .

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

There's a podcast series called disgraceland that did a lennon episode and I'll be honest and say I didnt know half the shit they talked about, the heroin I could guess at but the running away with the other Asian woman to LA never heard of that, there's some night club "do you know who I am" type stories and from memory the whole point of the episode was the theory that the mega fan who killed him killed him because he had this warped image of squeeky clean perfect human 60s John lennon in his head that when he actually discovered he was an asshole he wanted to kill him (I listened to it about 2 years ago, it explains itself better than I can) 

Decent series, goes in to the darker side of all these big names, not listened to it but he did a McCartney episode in June 

• Like 1

Â