VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Metallica Ride The Lighting album . Not played it for ages. Their best ? 

Very good but overall I would give Master of Puppets as their best.

Just phenomenal all around.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Very good but overall I would give Master of Puppets as their best.

Just phenomenal all around.

I struggle with that album. It’s brilliant within its genre , but not easy on the ear for me. Ride The Lightning just plays so well. My favourite has always been their debut Kill Em’ All 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Master Of Puppets is too complex sounding if that makes sense. 

Puppets is Metallica's masterpiece imo. The rhythm work is absolutely incredible on some tracks.

All downhill after that album sadly and I dont think it's any coincidence its when they lost Cliff.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Puppets is Metallica's masterpiece imo. The rhythm work is absolutely incredible on some tracks.

All downhill after that album sadly and I dont think it's any coincidence its when they lost Cliff.

Justice For All was too self indulgent and was mixed bad. Yeah I just find Masters , too complex and I can’t get into it as much . Ride The Lightning is just perfect, although musically I will admit Masters is above it.

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Justice For All was too self indulgent and was mixed bad. Yeah I just find Masters , too complex and I can’t get into it as much . Ride The Lightning is just perfect, although musically I will admit Masters is above it.

Lightning suffers from having two bad tracks in a row with Eascape and Trapped Under Ice (both stinkers imo). Creeping Death and For whom the Bell Tolls are top drawer Tallica though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just got round to playing a Father’s Day gift, which is Led Zep II. That drum solo track Moby Dick really grates and doesn’t fit well with the albums flow at all. Such a wasted riff by Jimmy Page, too, as it’s a killer blues lick . Not a drum solo fan at all anyway . 

Totally agree on all points. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Yes very much a masterpiece and I agree faltered a little bit overall.

Thought The Black Album was nice overall though. 'Enter Sandman' is one of my favorite tracks from them.

1 hour ago, Big Salad said:

Thought The Black Album was nice overall though. 'Enter Sandman' is one of my favorite tracks from them.

Reign In Blood > anything Metallica

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Masters favourite for me too, but I can understand why others will say Ride the Lightning or Kill ‘Em All - both great choices. I go through phases of preferring them but Masters is the pinnacle.

anybody or says something different to those 3 is just wrong. Whilst some will say the Black Album, sure it’s got good tracks on it but it’s got some right rubbish as well. Hence the need to play it backwards when they do the full album set.

Reign in Blood is crazy good don’t get me wrong, but I just prefer Masters. I’m sure the world is big enough for both though ;) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Absolutely hate that track now, it's SO played to death.

Deep cuts FTW (for any band)...it's like when I wanna hear Steamboat or Marcella by the Beach Boys...and the radio will only play Barbara **** Ann or bastard Kokomo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Zhan_Zhuang...don't know if you ordered the Beach Boys "Feel Flows Boxset"?

Amazon have cancelled a shitload of peoples orders for the 5cd set including mine. Had to find it elsewhere.

Happily the 4 disc coloured vinyl set is still good to arrive although that wasn't from Amazon.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

…nice Beach Boys things coming to me in about 2 weeks time…

Just posted about that above. Amazon cancelling the CD set.

You going for the coloured vinyl too?

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Absolutely hate that track now, it's SO played to death.

Deep cuts FTW (for any band)...it's like when I wanna hear Steamboat or Marcella by the Beach Boys...and the radio will only play Barbara **** Ann or bastard Kokomo.

Oh yeah no doubt it is played more than the others I'll give you that; even still though I listen to the whole thing when it does just can't help it.

Same thing on my local rock station where they tend to overplay War Pigs. One of my faves by Sabbath, but do wish they would play a bit more of their other stuff.

Â