Midweek Football 10/13 May

andykeenan

13 hours ago, Genie said:

Pundits should be shaming these players, instead they praise them.

I watched the game last night. During the game the commentary praised Zaha for his clever play winning the penalty.

Then after the game Darren Bent and Clinton Morrison were giving analysis, Morrison said “it was a definite penalty”. Then the host (who’s name I forget) said “look at this, look at his right leg”, they play the clip where he moves his leg to get a contact, his knee is already collapsing before the very, very minimal touch.

Clinton said it was clever play by Zaha.

Its obviously ex-players not wanting to slag off current players. They are all part of the problem.

Pundits yes but fans too, the only way this will ever change is if fans start jeering their own players for doing it, which is obviously highly unlikely to ever happen.

I wonder whether for Liverpool (or Spurs) the lure of the UEFA Conference might prove to be less than the lure of having a crack at the top spot with no European football to interfere at all.

I suspect Liverpool would sooner finish 8th than 7th - if Spurs felt the same, the end of the season might see some odd results.

I thought the follow through didn't matter now as long as the defender got a bit on the ball first. 

That's the way it works against us anyway🤔

Edited by markc
  • Like 1

Â