Midweek Football 10/13 May

andykeenan

50 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Scott Parker has been hopelessly out of his depth in this division

Linked with Spurs job ๐Ÿ˜‚

But he has done a good job at Fulham even if they go down

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I heard Potter to Tottenham mentioned yesterday.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ One of football biggest myths, Spurs better off bringing club legend Chris Hughton home. Did as much at Brighton as Potterย 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fulham learned nothing from last getting relegated

In mitigation the promoted teams got messed up a bit by how short a close season it was due to the unique situation. Fulham won the play offs on August 4th and were playing first prem game on Sat 12th Sep, that's 5 and a half weeks. We were moaning going up in play offs put us at disadvantage to other two but we still had nearly 11 weeks time to prepare.

If Fulham had the 11 now right from first game I think they'd have another 5-6 points on the board, same for WBA but they really should've sacked Bilic a month or two earlier.

All it proved was it was probably worst year to get promoted into premier league and best year to get relegated given Norwich and Watford came straight back up. Just thankful we got out in 18/19.

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Average. Should've got top 2 with a very strong squad but had to rely on play offs although he got it right v Brentford.

They were improving as season went on but after losing to us they pretty much gave up, certainly shouldn't be 12 points behind likes of Newcastle even if they've picked up some really good results in last month.

This was the table on April 4th after Newcastle 2 Spurs 2:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56553197

Just 3 points off Newcastle then and they had us and Wolves at home as their next two.

Can see him getting sacked next season if they're not comfortable top 2 by December.

ย 

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Average. Should've got top 2 with a very strong squad but had to rely on play offs although he got it right v Brentford.

They were improving as season went on but after losing to us they pretty much gave up, certainly shouldn't be 12 points behind likes of Newcastle even if they've picked up some really good results in last month.

This was the table on April 4th after Newcastle 2 Spurs 2:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56553197

Just 3 points off Newcastle then and they had us and Wolves at home as their next two.

Can see him getting sacked next season if they're not comfortable top 2 by December.

ย 

Yes but he never tried to be a manager like Lampard did. Fulham also gave him a shit squad for the 1st month of the seasonย 

Fulham have been a lot better than last time

Still remember this tweet from when Bryan turned us down at the last minute to join Fulham

Although to be fair it was more strange from Bristol City rather than Bryan himself.

Just now, useless said:

Still remember this tweet from when Bryan turned us down at the last minute to join Fulham

Although to be fair it was more strange from Bristol City rather than Bryan himself.

In still waiting for the video if Bruce chasing him down the motorway ๐Ÿ˜‚

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ One of football biggest myths, Spurs better off bringing club legend Chris Hughton home. Did as much at Brighton as Potterย 

You really don't like Potter do you? lol

Or do you dislike him because @villalad21ย likes him?ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

18 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Scott Parker is uncomfortable to watch in interviews, heโ€™s a bit of a Kevin Keegan to much emotionย 

Was about to say, I like him, but at the same time he also gives off serial killer vibes with some of his looks and mannerisms. lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You really don't like Potter do you? lol

Or do you dislike him because @villalad21ย likes him?ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

I like him he isย a clever guy and did a great job in Swedenย but he is ridiculously overrated in English football terms. As I said many times Brighton are always unlucky in every game they play, thats impossible in general football play. If Potter managed Villa and Smith managed Brighton I wonder how people would react

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was about to say, I like him, but at the same time he also gives off serial killer vibes with some of his looks and mannerisms. lol

Yeah I have to say I like him, but needs to ย learn how to control himself similar to Dean I mean Smith is a villa fan and more or less reacts the same win draw or lose,ย I know Parker just got relegated but I remember him conducting himself like that after losing to us early on in the season in his interview itโ€™s not good.

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yeah I have to say I like him, but needs to ย learn how to control himself similar to Dean I mean Smith is a villa fan and more or less reacts the same win draw or lose,ย I know Parker just got relegated but I remember him conducting himself like that after losing to us early on in the season in his interview itโ€™s not good.

Dean always spoke on " emotional control " from his early days here, both for himself, team, management etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dean always spoke on " emotional control " from his early days here, both for himself, team, management etc.

True and itโ€™s very important if Scott Parker had me cringing on my sofa listening to him canโ€™t imagine how it comes across to some of hisย players

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, useless said:

Still cringe at that. The height of being a tin pot club.ย 

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yet you say Rodgers should get the sack if Leicester don't make top 4.ย  Parker has failed to keep Fulham in the division and to be relegated with three games still to play is a poor effort.ย 

ร—
ร—
ร‚