maqroll

Favorite Style of Beer  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Style of Beer

• Lager
    • Stout
    • Bitter
    • Ale

I had a Guinness recently where it was served from a can and they have a motorised plate which they stand the glass on. The texture was fine, but the canned Guinness still tastes like canned Guinness. ie. Rank. Had they got it colder in the fridges it might have been drinkable, but I'd rather have nice beer.

Mate of mine who religiously drunk Guinness refused to drink it cold , to the point I assumed it was meant to be served at room temp ??

I prefer Guinness at cellar temperature, so a few degrees below room temperature, but I'll drink it cold too.

Guinness isnt guinness anymore anyway ever since they changed the gas delivery system ....its almost like a diet stout ...I remember when a pint was a feed .....

Anyway I have drank in many a backwater place ...I remember one "pub" basically someones house years ago .. the aul lads drank it from the bottle room temperature then the only drink on tap was guinness this place now is up in the middle of nowhere opens one night a week and he stores the keg in the fresh water stream behind the house ....best bloody pints I ever had 

If the BBC says it, it must be true

Once widely mocked, US beer is now popular globally with hipsters and connoisseurs alike. Why is the world buying in to the American brewing revolution?

Not so very long ago, American beer was a joke. And a weak one at that.

To international tastebuds, it meant bottled lagers like Budweiser, Miller or Coors - commonly regarded by self-respecting drinkers as bland, corporate and lacking in credibility.

An explosion in independently-run microbreweries producing lovingly-created, strong, pungent, flavour-rich ales has transformed the reputation of the product.

But it is not only traditional aficionados of ale who have been won over by this American revolution.

Blah, blah, bollucks.

I read this with interest the other day.  I found it to be an incredibly ignorant article, of the type which could only be written by a hipster.

I've been to America a few times and I love the place, but I especially love the proper beers out there.  Since my first visit years ago, Belgian-style beers, wheat beers and IPAs have been regularly and widely available in every bar I have been into.  Colorado favourites are Sawtooth, Fat Tire, Avalanche, etc; and while in New York at the back end of last year I managed to sample a couple of amazing Brooklyn ales - the Pennant '55 and Winter ales being particularly fantastic.  The new 'craft beer' scene has been going since the British originally introduced IPAs over a hundred years ago.

The BBC article smacks of some word removed who deep-throated and swallowed every last drop of the 'American beer is all piss weak' diatribe spouted by every xenophobic ale aficionado or loud, bawdy ignorant lager-tard in the country.  It reads like a word removed who has slated American beer without ever trying a single drop of it.  The sort of person that would straight to the bar and order a PBR, and would be unlikely to switch brands for fear of looking like they might have been wrong all along.  Then, when they eventually try one of these 'new' beers and enjoy it, they have to try and claim it is a new phenomenon and that they are not just ignorant xenophobic fucktard who lives in a bubble.

I would wholeheartedly recommend going out to America and drinking the proper beers to anyone who is fond of the odd tipple, regardless of their regular tastes.

I should add I was a lager drinker for years, but now rarely drink anything other than ale on these shores.

• Like 1

Â