Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man United

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/21 at 22:59

4 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

So why can't we ever beat Manchester United? Like, aside from the fact that they're better than us, give me one good reason!

It's a mentality thing. No one has such a poor record against them as us.

I've seen it for years, players and managers change but the result stays the same.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

So why can't we ever beat Manchester United? Like, aside from the fact that they're better than us, give me one good reason!

refs

Has any other player actually been booked for simulation this season? I can't recall a single incident... and I've watched way too many games.

Anways, nothing much to tell the grandchildren about today. Thought we were well in the game up until that stupid penalty. After that, we had a horrible 10 min spell, where they did the damage. It happens. I trust we'll be better next season. 

Can't argue with their penalty. Definite pen. What is frustrating is that Pogba knows it is coming when he is on the floor and does nothing apart from ensuring contact...then Luis obliges.

Never a dive in Ollie's case. He's kicked. In a day and age when all that is needed by VAR to confirm a pen is slight contact then that's BS.

Greenwoods handball is handball. His arm is up in the air ffs.

Also, just after getting a yellow for pulling Watkins back, Maguire pulls his shoulder again, kicks him, then pushes him over out of play. Ref waves play on. 

Just too much bias involved. 

• Like 2

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

You'd hope not, it was nine years ago.

really? I don't use twatter so I don't know.

Just now, rjw63 said:

It's a mentality thing. No one has such a poor record against them as us.

I've seen it for years, players and managers change but the result stays the same.

Team always have bogey teams for no apparent reason....a team you play no matter the year, players or whatever, there seems to be a disadvantage or advantage to start with.  Man U we always seem to be on the back foot every since I can remember but I think we have the same on some teams....I think Everton is one but somebody may correct me but I always feel like we can beat Everton over and above whether we should and I felt that the other day but I always felt confident down the years going to Goodison.  Someone will prove me wrong now I'm sure but who knows.  It's like you always know certain players will score against you because they always do.

Slow start but after the first 10 minutes we grew into the game and took a not undeserved lead. Save for the odd few moments we looked steady and still capable of scoring again up until Luiz lost his head (again), then another combination of errors from Mings and Martinez and the games gone.

I liked that we took the initiative when we made the changes and overall it was actually a pretty decent performance, certainly better than the majority of what we’ve witnessed over recent months.

Davis should have been greedy when he carved out space in the box, genuinely looking forward to seeing him start against Everton albeit I’d prefer to still have Watkins available too.

Same old, same old against United, the fixture is cursed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

You'd hope not, it was nine years ago.

Ah OK now I see the datestamp. What was Cash then, about 14??

• Haha 1

The 2 "penalties" you could argue emphasise our naivety, Pogba was waiting for Luiz, and he duly obliged, Watkins got to the ball, and with experience, probably would have ensured more contact with the goalie. Kane would have got a penalty there.

I dont like the way the game is going, but there you go

• Like 2

Ultimately, like the same penalty involving Pogba, if that’s a penalty and not forced simulation, you’d have 25 penalties a game. It’s pathetic, it wouldn’t be a foul anywhere else on the pitch. Contact doesn’t mean foul. 

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

11th is a terrific season, we're a developing team that finished 17th last season and have 13 more points this season than last with four games left.

Given we've been in the top half for most of the season to end up finishing outside there, particularly at the expense of Leeds who have lesser players than us and who are playing their first season in the PL in 16 years, will be disappointing. Of course I'd have taken that at the start of the season but it's the way the season has unravelled that's disappointing - particularly when teams like West Ham have kept going for the whole campaign. 

I think someone said we're a midtable team without Jack - wrong, we're a relegation battling team without Jack. 1 point on average a game since he's been out. And the comms surrounding his injury have been terrible.

Clearly we need better players in the summer to be more consistent next season but I'm hacked off that when we go 1-0 up these days against the better teams (and even against the weaker teams) we just capitulate. That's not just players, that's a weak mentality. 

• Like 1

Â