Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man United

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/21 at 22:59

Just now, Delphouneso said:

I don't get what that has to do with today's team, most of which either weren't born or were in nappies when that run started, but okay. I just think it's a strange starting point to blame this team for the results of the past 25 years.

Because when I say us I obviously refer to AVFC. Not Luiz and Konsa.

Losing mentality against Man Utd is within the walls of BMH.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Good first half performance.

We need to replace Barkley and Luiz in the summer. We lack pace at LB despite Targett being good.

Not seen anything to suggest Davis or Wesley are good enough to be backup for Watkins. Both looked a bit all over the place.

Can’t fault the manager as he made necessary changes at a good time.

McGinn MOTM for me.

Ref was abysmal. Should be investigated for links to United. Probably celebrating in their changing room as I type this.

Far too many players who aren't imposing enough. Luiz, El Ghazi and Ramsay, although I'm inclined to give young JJ the benefit of the doubt on account of his inexperience at this level but he needs to fix up quickly. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Cheats, simple , sending off and the hand ball , ridiculous decisions.

Got to ask the question , has Douglas been paid to give away penalties to manure? That's 2 in 2 and both were ridiculous  challenges. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Okay, fair enough, then perhaps the negative starting point of the fans is part of that 'loser mentality'.

15 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Slightly depressing but when luiz does something so stupid, I knew nothing would be positive after that.

He didn't play badly but Jesus, what do dumb thing to do.

Our defence played well for the majority of the game but again, a brain fart costs us with mings switching off.

2 penalties not given when they would have if the other way around.

We were lucky in the first half and took the lead despite some standard performances.

Traore scores a great goal and 1 great interception ... but apart from that lost it several times, slowed it and lost it several times, tried to beat too many players and lost it several times and fell over and lost it at least 2 or 3 times.

Then there's Berkley, anonymous for pretty much 97% of the time he was on the pitch. Offered nothing, didn't press, didn't chase unless he knew he couldn't get the ball and was at half pace, won't try and tackle, seriously a waste of a shirt.

It's those 2 players yet again not producing anything for the majority of the game for the team, it's all for themselves. At least traore did 1 positive thing though.

I'm feeling meh, pretty much Berkley attitude since he's been here.

They press us, but we don't do it back, unless its in our back yard.....we decide to close down too deep....so the little give and go's rattle us.

They get a touch on most balls to put us off or get us to fumble and release it......we in contrast just stand off and let them play....They foul just enough to avoid cards, we go steaming in and Attract the refs wrath.....we are not street wise enough.

Sure, they have better players than us, highlighted by the run of Cavani....we haven't got players, who make those runs.....However, our goal was up there with that.

A 19 year old, turning an International Defender like that, was galling too....Greenwood is a good player, but he sucked Tyrone in there.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The only thing that annoyed me with smith was why have chuk on bench and not guve hom game time? 

Standard practice where youth players are generally brought more and more in the first team and in the early days are put on the bench to get the match day experience and squad experience.  This is something that happens at every club and for at least the forty years I've been watching football.  Youth players are rarely dropped straight into action in the game, they are brought into the match day squad as they get used to that experience and then eventually get time.  Not a new concept.

Just now, AJ said:

Just to be fair, this should set the precedent to allow Andre Marriner to ref our games.

I think Ian Taylor should ref our games 😉

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

sadly, I can't argue with that.

but its not just Man U.......any team that deny's us space....disrupts us, and we start giving the ball away.....gets a purchase on the game.

Edited by TRO

Just now, PaulC said:

Can't overturn a second yellow anyway can they

Dont think they can overturn but I think they can void the one match ban.  I'm sure I've seen that before but somebody can correct me.  We are Villa so thats never going to happen though is it!

Â