Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man United

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/21 at 22:59

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I swear we are the only team where it can be considered a dive even if you're kicked by a player.  VAR barely even looked at it, no doubt.  You need everything to go for you but Utd were excellent second half, we made mistakes and the ref was shit.

This is where our players need to become shitbags. Hound the referee make snide comments. There's a docu film about Zidane where he tells the ref during a game he should be ashamed of himself. 

Man U penalty imo was a penalty.

The handball by a united player - was debatable (imo we should have put the ball out and challenged the ref)

The sending off Watkins was totally bizzare - he run through at speed - jumped out the way of a challenge and went down. Unless you're a professional hurdlerer you are going to fall over -!!!! - players often fall over when momentum takes them over the hoardings FFS !!

The officianating was a disgrace. Manures players a disgrace. However, Smith was out of his depth against a manager with about 20 years plus less management experience as him. F*** off this premier League experience. It's one team against another. He got it totally wrong. We gave them far too much respect. Lethargic, unergergetic. No agenda, sense of play, the simples of what you do. That second half was a car crash. A Manure goal was just a matter of time cos of the naive sense of it being like the first half and. Just do what we did before. Is he **** stupid? Does he think his team talk of carry on lads is what the opposition manager says as well!?! F***s sake Deano grow some balls and get them out there snapping at heels and biting like hungry animals.when up at half time!?!

Gutless second half. Piss off massive as these aren't that good as 3-1. Down to manager on that yet again 🤬🤬🤬

Ref decisions aside, the mental capitulation was just horrendous to watch, but entirely predictable. I'm absolutely fuming with Luiz and Mings.

Some people thought I was mental for whacking £100 on united to win as soon as we went 1-0 up, but the result was never in doubt in my mind.

• Like 2

Season's gone down the drain really. We'll finish bottom half, Leeds and Arse have easier run ins than us and it's clear we still have a p*ss poor mentality against bigger clubs. 11th is best we can hope for. This whole saga with Jack is ridiculous, no idea what game he'll be back for even now and it's been 3 months.

Last few games we've gone 1-0 up against Plop, Cit£h and Man Ure and lost all of them. Simply ain't good enough and shows a weak mentality.

We can blame corrupt officials all we want, we still defended absolutely appallingly today. Martinez is no longer performing at the level he was and our whole back 4 have not been good enough for some time, that's why we can't keep a clean sheet or defend properly when we go in front. I'll be hacked off if we don't buy at least one starting defender in the summer.

Going on that performance we need 4-5 first team players close to Jack's quality in the summer if we want to be anywhere near top 6 next season. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But they weren't against Man Utd were they, so what is your point?

You called us 'perennial losers', but now you're arguing you were only referring specifically to this game? Okay 👍

Just now, Davkaus said:

Ref decisions aside, the mental capitulation was just horrendous to watch, but entirely predictable. I'm absolutely fuming with Luiz and Mings.

Some people thought I was mental for whacking £100 on united to win as soon as we went 1-0 up, but the result was never in doubt in my mind.

The only question before kick-off was whether it'd be a draw or a loss. Glad we can now move on to games where we have an actual chance of winning.

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The most predictable collapse ever. We all knew it. Hell, go back to the half time chat and most of us said what would happen. The only thing that annoys me is what bottle jobs we come across as. There are teams in the league you'd expect to hold that lead, but we aren't one of them. It's like this loser mentality is still at the  club. Fair enough it's tough without our best player, but I don't think the players had any belief they would win going out that second half. We simply gave away two goals to make sure we'd lose. AGAIN. Perennial losers. Really hoped Deano had changed that, but not yet it seems.

Not today mate

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Man U penalty imo was a penalty.

The handball by a united player - was debatable (imo we should have put the ball out and challenged the ref)

The sending off Watkins was totally bizzare - he run through at speed - jumped out the way of a challenge and went down. Unless you're a professional hurdlerer you are going to fall over -!!!! - players often fall over when momentum takes them over the hoardings FFS !!

Nope he should run in to Henderson at full speed, injuring himself and Henderson in the process, then after a VAR review maybe we'd get a pen 

• Like 1

Â