Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man United

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/21 at 22:59

after a brief respite last week , the Bermuda shorts are back out the suitcase 

Maybe if Doug doesn’t give away a needless pen we hold on a bit longer but  If ever we doubted the work we still have to do then this showed it …. I know it’s United but too many players failed to turn up again , Smith needs to sort that midfield and wide areas out in the close season , we need upgrades on Doug , McGinn , El G … Traore is an enigma , largely ineffective in most games but produces that bit of magic every now and then … maybe he needs a role where he isn’t expected to track back and mark opposing teams wing backs .

Wesley worried me when came on , he looks some way off being ready for football at this level. 

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

inevitable. plus ca change. 

**** man utd, hope they explode

Be nice if they all got the world's longest covid and all missed the cup final.

And that pixie faced word removed of a manager.

And that unbelievably corrupt referee, just FOAD.

• Like 2

How often do we hear "well, there's contact" for penalties.

If these were given consistently, I'd have no problem, but in the context of other decisions in the PL, that second yellow was a **** joke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Is anyone even REMOTELY surprised? Playing teams with better players is hard enough as it is but when you factor in corrupt refereeing and the unbreakable psychological edge United have over us, victory becomes impossible.

Completely agree.  Even if we were the better team, the decisions would go against us by dodgy refs.  I’m an optimistic person but I always expect defeat against Man U because we either give it them or the ref does.  A bit of both today.

Didn't watch as I knew some sort of corruption Will happen. Sick of it. 

One thing I will say is I'd love a Cavani type, Cambiasso , Thomas Mueller etc one of these guys. The educational aspect of it will take us to another level.

I dont get watkins 2nd yellow. So if you afraid to get injured over a high speed tackle and react defensively like removing your leg or preparing for impact its a dive and yellow thats what this idiot ref is thinking????????????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The most predictable collapse ever. We all knew it. The only thing that annoys me is what bottle jobs we come across as. There are teams in the league I'd expect to hold that lead, but we aren't one of them. It's like this loser mentality is still here. Fair enough it's tough without our best player, but I don't think the players had any belief going out that second half. We simply gave both the 2 first goals away. Perennial losers. Really hoped Deano had changed that, but not yet it seems.

We're one of the teams who've dropped the fewest points from winning positions in the league this season, in fact we were joint best before Jack's injury.

I swear we are the only team where it can be considered a dive even if you're kicked by a player.  VAR barely even looked at it, no doubt.  You need everything to go for you but Utd were excellent second half, we made mistakes and the ref was shit.

Quality goal from Bert but we gifted them two goals, didn't expect any points from the game before kick off but I cling to the hope that one day we will play them and not concede a penalty.

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

United are masters of the dark arts of football and we must learnremember and improve next time we play them.

That's what she said - for 26 straight years.

Games gone.

Nobody tries to tackle any more, and players go down far too easily and are trying to get players booked all the time. Fernandez being the worst.

Onto the game, we have 8 players in our squad who are probably good enough, back 5 , SJG,SJM, and Watkind, 1 who might be Traore, the others not good enough. 

When Watkins went wide left he did more in 10 mins than El Gazhi did all game, both he and Barkley dont hold onto the ball good enough, or give a good enough pass, consequently we give the ball away too much.

Luiz, i dont see what he offers if i'm honest, not a great passer, slow and weak.Stupid challenge, and then went off. I think Ramsey is ok, a bit lazy off the ball, but hes no worse than DL to me.

Buy 2 good players in the summer, and we are closer, but their 3rd goal wemphasised the difference, Class Goal

Can someone please find new rules for penaties in football. Back against the goal, more or less without a chance to finish - Pogba falls over like he's a toddler and you swap a non-scoring chance with a penalty.  Up steps the very charming Bruno, a first class cheater himself, and scores his obligatory penalty. The incentives for cheating for penalties, including for us of course, are so strong it pisses all over the game. 

But at least this way they prove that they are there on merit!

• Like 3

Just now, Delphouneso said:

We're one of the teams who've dropped the fewest points from winning positions in the league this season, in fact we were joint best before Jack's injury.

But they weren't against Man Utd were they, so what is your point?

Â