Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man United

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/21 at 22:59

I can't really comment as I didn't watch today. I thought that either we'd get battered, or if we were doing well the ref would step in as usual. Seems I wasn't far wrong. 

Not gonna bother with watching games against the Manc clubs in future. It's just too crooked to enjoy (that offside man city goal for instance). I'll just sell my season ticket seat for games against the snakey six I think and pretend they **** off to their own league after all. At least they'll always get bought. 

• Like 1

Individual errors + The Ref + A good side cost us.

I could say maybe if the changes were earlier it would help, but at least Deano gave it a go.

We are now about to see how it is to play wiout Ollie.

• Like 1

Would love nothing more than to see Manchester United fall into obscurity. I truly word removed hate them.

Don’t know why I get so wound up when it’s inevitable every single time that we won’t take anything from them but I’m still sat here angry because those of us in the Midlands know the plastics will be baiting us for the coming days. 

Hate them. 

• Like 2

Just now, LondonVillian said:

Why are our players smiling after loosing? 

Because they don't get manically depressed like fans do because football means far more to their mood and happiness than it should do 

The problem is that they're right...

• Like 2

Good first half performance.

We need to replace Barkley and Luiz in the summer. We lack pace at LB despite Targett being good.

Not seen anything to suggest Davis or Wesley are good enough to be backup for Watkins. Both looked a bit all over the place.

Can’t fault the manager as he made necessary changes at a good time.

McGinn MOTM for me.

Ref was abysmal. Should be investigated for links to United. Probably celebrating in their changing room as I type this.

• Confused 1

Can’t be angry over something I knew full well was going to happen. 

Id much rather just give United 6 points at the start of every season so we don’t have to play them. 

Meh. Went exactly the way we all would've expected, so I'm choosing to see the positives.

For large parts of the game we looked good IMO, we've gone from being completely abject against these to looking at points like we can match them - it's progress of sorts. 

I don't think any of our lot had bad games per se, with the obvious exception of Barkley. McGinn in particular had a good game. 

Until Cavani's goal it wouldn't have been a massive surprise for us to peg it back to 2-2, unfortunately when you roll the dice and go all out attack you run the risk of conceding, which is what ultimately happened.

Watkins very unlucky- I don't know how the ref can possibly say with any certainty that he's dived there, not being a pen doesn't equal a dive.

Great to see big Wes back on the pitch again, and be interesting to see how we line up with Watkins suspended.

Had too many disappointments against this lot over the years to let this ruin my Sunday!

• Like 3

Oh well, enjoyed the 1-0 while it lasted. 

Ollie isn't a diver so surprised he was given yellow card when it wasn't a clear dive.

Had to mute the commentary halfway through cos they wanted utd to win so much to keep their one horse title race going for another few hours. 

F in hate this lot, horrible entitled club with horrible entitled fans

• Like 1

Â