Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man United

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/21 at 22:59

21 hours ago, TRO said:

Not hard is it?

Look, I know you're getting on a bit but do we really need to know?

They have blue pills these days.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Look, I know you're getting on a bit but do we really need to know?

They have blue pills these days.

spacer.png

My Prostate Cancer treatment has put paid to all that...."Getting on a bit", is a compliment, I will gladly take.

I thought I had gone past that.....more like "hanging on"😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

My Prostrate Cancer treatment has put paid to all that...."Getting on a bit", is a compliment, I will gladly take.

I thought I had gone past that.....more like "hanging on"😀

I hope is is well with your treatment. I'm sure you will live for many more years and enjoy Villa winning the league again. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I hope is is well with your treatment. I'm sure you will live for many more years and enjoy Villa winning the league again. 

Thanks Paul....I am ok mate, going for another PSA check tomorrow, to monitor things.

I urge, everyone, I come across over 50 to get checked, even before, and get checked evey 12 months after.....as you know, I had no symptoms....and I lost my dear Villa supporting mate to the dastardly disease.

anyway, enough about me....hope you are well.

Finally, I was very,very fortunate to be at Highbury on that great day, despite the reversal and extremely fortunate to be in the Feyenord stadium for that History making day too.....It just beggars belief, that we did it.

I guess those days, do have a profound effect on me.....we had some very good players in those days, but I still think it was more about the "Team" and its balance and its mantra of 110% workrate.

even to this day, I do confess, I get influenced by that 4-3-3 and its balance....I think up front, we can match that team to a degree, in midfield is not so easy to claim....withey was deadly in the air.

would love to see it, one more time.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Thanks Paul....I am ok mate, going for another PSA check tomorrow, to monitor things.

I urge, everyone, I come across over 50 to get checked, even before, and get checked evey 12 months after.....as you know, I had no symptoms....and I lost my dear Villa supporting mate to the dastardly disease.

anyway, enough about me....hope you are well.

Finally, I was very,very fortunate to be at Highbury on that great day, despite the reversal and extremely fortunate to be in the Feyenord stadium for that History making day too.....It just beggars belief, that we did it.

I guess those days, do have a profound effect on me.....we had some very good players in those days, but I still think it was more about the "Team" and its balance and its mantra of 110% workrate.

even to this day, I do confess, I get influenced by that 4-3-3 and its balance....I think up front, we can match that team to a degree, in midfield is not so easy to claim....withey was deadly in the air.

Best of luck with PSA levels.  I agree Ipswich probably had the more talented individuals that season and although they did beat us three times we ended up with the league and them the Europa Cup. Jimmy Greaves was doing atv or central sport with Gary Newbon that season and he said Villa were like packs of wolves, if one didn't get you another would. 

• Thanks 1

Â