Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man United

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/21 at 22:59

1 minute ago, TRO said:

when was the change?....Poor old Jack will cop that no doubt

That's what I can't remember. We've gone ahead it seems in the last 5/6 games. Getting annoying now.

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Resigned to Barkley not working out, but also Luiz, AEG and McGinn are really only squad players and we need better in those positions if we are to improve. Thats a lot of money though and likely beyond us for one window especially when we also need another forward too.

I think, if we sort the midfield out.....The rest will improve, on a knock on effect.

I think right now the front and back dep'ts are suffering because of it.

my worry is, I don't know how we are going to up the standard of player coming in.....I think we need to buy 2 really stand out players, to add to Jack and Ollie and I think it will put us in better stead to attract more.

do you remember when City signed Robinho, to change the dynamic of the club.....I think we might have to do something like that.

I think the standard of player we are being linked with is meh.....we need a couple of Marquee signings, but not pigs in pokes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Just to add to the long list of questionable decisions, the reason for Konsa and Rashford’s handbags was the fact that Rashford kicked Konsa when they were both in the floor. Showed the replay with no comment. Other way round and you’d have heard the screams on the moon. Clear sending off.

Never mind he’s a national treasure. 

but we need to learn the stealth....a VAR resistence programme.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Just to add to the long list of questionable decisions, the reason for Konsa and Rashford’s handbags was the fact that Rashford kicked Konsa when they were both in the floor. Showed the replay with no comment. Other way round and you’d have heard the screams on the moon. Clear sending off.

Never mind he’s a national treasure. 

Kick? Behave yourself. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I whacked £20 on at half time for Man U to win too! it was obvious with how soft we are, Man U were gonna comeback in it, especially with Cavani coming on.

what do you really mean by that, can you elaborate?.....its not a trick or loaded question....I tend to agree, but its more than just that isn't it.

I just don't see much future in going beyond, where we are, unless we are better without the ball, we don't press enough or make it difficult for opponents to play, would you agree?....whats your version?.

I see many versions on here of getting better, but not much explanation of how and where our good bits and bad bits are.

We need to buy in the summer, is no answer to anything.

Edited by TRO

Decent first half, rode the first 15 mins out, scored and then kept Utd at bay comfortably but not great second half, target motm got forward well and stood up defensively, very consistent season for him whilst other around him have dropped off. Konsa, McGinn, cash and Watkins acquitted themselves well but the others weren’t great (apart from berts brilliant strike). Luiz and Mings characteristic mistakes again. Another game where we have got our noses in front against a good team but not had the steam to stay in front, not the end of the world considering the opposition but plenty to work on over the summer. 

• Like 2

Half-time it was 1-0 and I just knew we'd lose, although I said 5-1.

It's a shame as we played OK overall it's just simple mistakes that cost us against teams like Manure.

I hope we take note of their game management as it's something we really need to learn from, but they do have some very good players so it is inevitable we would or should lose perhaps.

Traore my MOTM, his goal was sublime and I thought he worked hard today. Targett also very good.

Still think our midfield is lightweight. But we put them under pressure late on and gave it a go. But this hoodoo they have over us is embarrassing!

Lots of play-acting again from Manure but it seems to work for them. Honour, what happened to it?

Referee had a bit of brain-f*** at the end there, I thought there was contact from Henderson?

I really hate Manure!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jones1328 said:

Kick? Behave yourself. 

They were both on the floor and Rashford kicked Konsa deliberately on the arse. Some of our players sometimes need a kick up the arse but Konsa isn’t one of them. It was clear as day. 

4 hours ago, TRO said:

but we are not talking about everyone, else, else you would be right.....We are talking about Man Utd, who have been a force for as long as I can Remember......but despite your reasoned description of them, they have struggled to hold down Managers since SAF left, due to indifferent form, sure they set the bar higher than us, so I guess that is relative.....They are beatable, with the right approach.

I remember a time we give Man U a right old game.....Andy Gray had just joined and he give them a right old battering, with his swashbuckling style, they didn't know what had hit them, he was 19 years old and his only experience was in the scottish league....He had couarge, determination and belief in himself at that tender age....now bowing to superior players from him....He just too the game to them and they floundered.

We wallow in too many excuses.....we are not ready yet, granted....but if we don't sign the right character of player, we never will be......We need to slick at getting the right ones in.

We lose to Man Utd, regularly for a reason, probably one of the best teams to benchmark for our solutions.....and we need to search for it, sure referee's are biased towards them, but we could help ourselves with that too, by staying on the front foot for longer and getting our foot in on them a bit quicker and smarter.

We was actually winning this game by the way, but if we concede the initiative of the game so easily, is it any wonder, things go against us. Oh and why did Leeds beat Spurs so emphatically,the other day, when they have just come up and spurs having a superior side with Harry Kane and all......that defeatest line needs to be filed in the bin, where it belongs.

We need to bring in some players in the summer, who can take a game to teams, control them when we are in front and have a miserly approach to protecting the back four......then you might be surprised, with the odd win against the mighty Man U.

Yes i remember those days. They had a couple of wingers they picked up for next to nothing and they had just got back to the top division the same as us so there wasn't a massive difference in quality between the two teams then but  I take your point about Andy Gray and we do have a losing mentality against them now and that needs to change.

• Like 1

Poor second half defensive performance by the Villa and paid dearly for the mistakes as you do in the Premiership.

Mings is far too easily turned against a top class forward while I still can’t work out what Luiz is good at?

Major surgery needed in midfield in the summer if Villa are to progress next season plus a badass CB.

Edited by striker

3 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Two frames of Henderson’s raised boot connecting with Watkins’ knee. Note how, in the second, the keeper’s foot has been moved back by the contact, his knee now at a new angle. (“But Ollie was going down already”... I should hope so too! It’s not his job to drive his quad muscles into the six waiting studs!).

BC71CB59-A191-4072-A74A-BA3B6215A3A0

Has Watkins just been tango'd?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TRO said:

who said, it was easy.......and I didn't laugh, you made that up....And I haven't proven your point at all.

If the new players, we bring in are not right, it might change very little.....we have to get the balance of the team right.

I couldn't care less about the 10 wins...... we have kept 14 clean sheets, why not one today.

They have dropped points in 14 games, why not today?

you only get what you take.

We both agree, we need to improve, but lets just hope we sign the right players, because that is key......if the last 3 are anything to go by, we might be ok.

You litelrallly used the laughing emoticon in response to my post that we were in different building stages. Stop lying.

Also, you absolutely proved my point by repeating what I was saying. 

If you want to have a debate, do it honestly.

Edited by One For The Road

Â