Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man United

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/21 at 22:59

Slightly depressing but when luiz does something so stupid, I knew nothing would be positive after that.

He didn't play badly but Jesus, what do dumb thing to do.

Our defence played well for the majority of the game but again, a brain fart costs us with mings switching off.

2 penalties not given when they would have if the other way around.

We were lucky in the first half and took the lead despite some standard performances.

Traore scores a great goal and 1 great interception ... but apart from that lost it several times, slowed it and lost it several times, tried to beat too many players and lost it several times and fell over and lost it at least 2 or 3 times.

Then there's Berkley, anonymous for pretty much 97% of the time he was on the pitch. Offered nothing, didn't press, didn't chase unless he knew he couldn't get the ball and was at half pace, won't try and tackle, seriously a waste of a shirt.

It's those 2 players yet again not producing anything for the majority of the game for the team, it's all for themselves. At least traore did 1 positive thing though.

I'm feeling meh, pretty much Berkley attitude since he's been here.

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

The sooner Sky go bust the better. Only like them for their golf coverage.

If the Premier League do the 'premflix' model that TIFO football suggested then hopefully it'll be sooner than later.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Can we start adding a 6th option in the poll for the referee's performance please? Very poor doesn't feel good enough. We need a Corrupt option.

Beat me to it there mate, "very poor" is being way too kind to this dirty bung-taking nonce.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

You called us 'perennial losers', but now you're arguing you were only referring specifically to this game? Okay 👍

Want me to remind me of our results against Man Utd the last 25 years?

And yes. Perennial losers. The definition of it.

• Confused 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Just a few games agao, Trezeguet didn't get a penalty for a season ending injury because he didn't go down. Doesn't feel like we play to the same rules as a few other teams.

Disgusting challenge that was. Taa raked his studs down the back of Trezeguets leg as I remember?.

We don't help ourselves do we ? In the era of soft penalties that one was always gonna be given. Greenwood handball and Watkins challenge were never gonna be given against man ure though.
Good finish by cavani mind.

Death, taxes and mancs beating us. All guaranteed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Man U penalty imo was a penalty.

The handball by a united player - was debatable (imo we should have put the ball out and challenged the ref)

The sending off Watkins was totally bizzare - he run through at speed - jumped out the way of a challenge and went down. Unless you're a professional hurdlerer you are going to fall over -!!!! - players often fall over when momentum takes them over the hoardings FFS !!

For me their penalty was a stonewall penalty. Proper schoolboy error by Luiz and it isn't the first time. He isn't imposing enough to be a defensive midfielder 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Disgusting challenge that was. Taa raked his studs down the back of Trezeguets leg as I remember?.

From what I remember, Trez moves his calf very deliberately towards the Liverpool player. Trent was lucky that Trezeguets calf didn't cause him to damage those raised studs

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Beaten by a better side.  The ref stuff was annoying, but it didn't change the result.

I think that’s an impossible conclusion to reach, seeing as we we’re at least denied a clear pen at 1-2 down. Of course that influenced the result massively. 

• Like 1

Despite the valliant efforts by some, the soreline was predictable.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The only thing that annoyed me with smith was why have chuk on bench and not guve hom game time? Then you havs ramsey come on who was really shit?

Not strong enough yet......needs time with Ollie Stevenson, like Jack did.

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Want me to remind me of our results against Man Utd the last 25 years?

And yes. Perennial losers. The definition of it.

I don't get what that has to do with today's team, most of which either weren't born or were in nappies when that run started, but okay. I just think it's a strange starting point to blame this team for the results of the past 25 years. Particularly when they've shown themselves to be quite resillient at other times this season.

Edited by Delphouneso
  • Like 2

We are getting there in terms of matching their play in general. But we will never match what we can contribute to the ref. The more I look at Ollies sending off to more depressing about the game. I dont mind if that's not a peno and send him off for diving if you wish, but this type of decision depending  by team is shocking blatantly bias.

• Like 1

Â