Your worst Aston Villa prediction

KentVillan

23 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The early days of Xia were super exciting though after the last days of Lerner but between them they almost killed us, thank God for NWSE.

Yes poaching all the top talent in the championship, and management had us all convinced that buying the best championship players and throwing them together like a mediocre all star team was the way to get us out, things panned out well in the end though it very nearly killed us for good but was worth it   

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes me to lol, I thought he was a genius, he’s probably the worst owner we ever had and we’ve had some bad ones

That’s a bold statement.

I remember watching Ciaran Clark (or Kieran Clarke for old times sake) in his debut against Fulham at Villa Park. We won 2-0 and Clark looked solid alongside Cuellar. I turned to my wife and said you see him there? He’s going to be the best defender we’ve had since McGrath. 

Yeah. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

How so?

Some of our owners over the years have made Donald Trump look like a genius businessman.

Edited by HKP90

3 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

To be fair to Sherwood, at the end of the 2014-15 season, he did say that Villa would never need to battle against relegation again... He was partly correct, we didn't battle at all in the following season. 

Three league wins, 3 wins all season!

So the next time we moan about things are not going our way just remember 15-16. The horror, the horror.....

• Like 1

The one that first jumps to mind is Adama traore......damn you adama traore, you were going to become a phenomenon!

Well I was right about him leaving after one season....just not about everything else!

Remi garde was also going to be a legend.

....As was houllier 

12 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Own up. What’s the wrongest thing you’ve said will happen at this club?

I’ve a few:

• Fully backing Dwight Yorke to stay out of loyalty to the club (I was young and naive)
  • Thinking we’d win the league under John Gregory (see above)
  • Backing Milner to stay because MON was shaping him into one of the best CAMs in England and he wouldn’t want to be a bench warmer at City
  • Expecting RDM to walk the Championship in his first season
  • Being impressed by Samatta, and thinking he was the answer to our goal drought last season. I saw it as a turning point in our season.

Samatta is probably the worst in hindsight. The others were heart over head, but that was just silly.

i definitely said this a year ago. i said his goals would be the difference

i wrote targett off before he'd kicked a ball

i said the moore brothers would play together for england one day too

i can also be quoted as saying when we were flying earlier this season that i was 100% convinced we're getting europe this season

Edited by tomav84

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Some of our owners over the years have made Donald Trump look like a genius businessman.

But only one very very nearly put us completely out of business.

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

My journey with him and Nzogbia followed a similar trajectory curve. :( 

I so wanted them to work out.

Yep and same with Barkley this season too.

• Like 1

The thing with xia is that he had this urban planning degree or whatever from harvard, he was making noises about wanting to get involved with the commonwealth games and taking over the athletes village afterwards (which now isn't being built) we had the HS2 stuff in our doorstep, he was coming up with all these infrastructure plans, the city at the time were kicking off the next phase of the big plan and looking for huge sums of investment, they'd just signed over the city's biggest ever housing development to a Chinese company, baggies, wolves and blues also had Chinese owners...

I bought in to something really big coming not just to villa but that they were eying up development growth in the region as a whole 

• Like 1

Â