Champions League final at Villa Park?

gwi1890

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But what about the big wigs at Gazprom, playstation and Heineken?? 

If I were one of them I wouldn’t be desperate to go to Turkey to watch a match in an empty stadium just to get some free booze and sandwiches. 

From the BBC 

Our correspondent also asks what Turkey being added to the red list means for the Champions League final between Manchester City and Chelsea, which is due to take place in Istanbul.

He says fans should not travel to Turkey but adds - as we reported here earlier - that the FA is in discussions with UEFA, European football's governing body, and the UK is open to hosting the final.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I mean, VP currently has 1 more CL trophy in it than the Etihad does so...

No it doesn't! 

You'll find it has the much more prestigious  and much much harder to win "European Cup"

• Like 4

Villa park or not, if the final is held in Istanbul and not this country it’s an absolute farce. 

The money, the power and the decision making in football is rancid. As a sport, it’s absolutely on its knees. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are pushing for Wembley to get the final 🙄

Good old Boris, heard the Gazprom execs were there so he'll be sending the minister for culture and a few trade ministers to make sure they enjoy the final 

Because of course Wembley has a better press box 

Ok Good GIF

Seriously though it was never happening but fair play to purslow for getting our name out there and hopefully UEFA on the phone, it'll come back round in some way further down the line 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Good old Boris, heard the Gazprom execs were there so he'll be sending the minister for culture and a few trade ministers to make sure they enjoy the final 

Because of course Wembley has a better press box 

Ok Good GIF

Seriously though it was never happening but fair play to purslow for getting our name out there and hopefully UEFA on the phone, it'll come back round in some way further down the line 

the issue is now that the Championship have to move the play-offs now, I am sure Rick Parry will do whats best for the Football League as always

• Like 1

My only concern in this is I have a Leo Sayer (all dayer) booked in with the boys to watch both games so better not change the date of the play off final!

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its in Porto

Diabolical decision.  Two English teams whilst the world is in the midst of a pandemic and they want it elsewhere.   It's utter madness. 

4 minutes ago, trekka said:

Diabolical decision.  Two English teams whilst the world is in the midst of a pandemic and they want it elsewhere.   It's utter madness. 

Apparently UEFA wanted some things promised that FA couldnt do in time 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Apparently UEFA wanted some things promised that FA couldnt do in time 

ie Like waiving quarantine rules for all the hangers on.

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

ie Like waiving quarantine rules for all the hangers on.

And glorious sunny weather and nice places to eat for all the hangers on. 

On 06/05/2021 at 14:06, OutByEaster? said:

I think Spurs have the right stadium for it, but I think having it in the home city of one of the teams wouldn't look right. (Even though London and Manchester United etc.)

Newcastle is a lovely stadium, but it's in the middle of nowhere - where are all the people from Budweiser going to stay?

it's not going to move, there will be masses of hotel rooms booked and hospitality arranged for all of UEFA's guests, the sponsors, the friends of sponsors, the money, the TV people, the local dignitaries and so on - they won't want to upset all of those people, the people who make the Champion's league happen, just for the benefit of the 30% of the stadium they offer to the happy clappers that add atmosphere for TV.

What happens to all the sponsors now the final is moved?