Look, if there was another ballot tomorrow, and you had three options:

1 do nothing

2 vote to eat a small shit sandwich

3 vote to eat a shit sandwich produced by Eric Pickles

which would you do?

I dont like sandwiches 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I think it's two things and @avfcDJ is on the money on one of them - the media.  

Now the media is in an extremely precarious position, because erm, the internet exists and everyone has a platform to voice opinion and who the **** gives a shit about what the BBC/The Sun/The Guardian/The Times/The Daily Mail think?  So then, to keep themselves in jobs, the reporters and journo's have to make their news artificially "bigger, better and more important" than @steve on twitter with a million followers.  So a story becomes more extreme, the opinions of the readers becomes more extreme but the actual incident/thing happened was relatively mundane.

The media will only become worse as the readership declines, because the writers will become more sensationalist to keep your waning attention - it's a never ending circle to the bottom.  

I think the other point is one party are far better at manipulating the media than the other party.  The Tories are really good at pushing their chosen narrative, even in spite of REALLY.OBVIOUS.SHORTCOMINGS, like Johnson fathering half of London's children, the government not getting involved more in taking down buildings which house thousands of people, despite being very dangerous, Brexit only happening because David Cameron (and the party) wanted another year or two in power (also guessing which way the vote would go wrong entirely), May being a disaster generally, the backstabbing to get Johnson in and the sheer inaction last Feb towards Covid when we had a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to be the model country for how to tackle it - then spending loads of the countries cash paying people not to work, when we all could have been back in work had we had a 2/4 weeks of shutdown to get rid of the thing, closing boarders etc - I mean.. that's a pretty comprehensive list of **** ups in the last 5 years - and yet we still have people voting for their party - BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD AT PUSHING THEIR NARRITIVES and Labour cannot control it. 

It'll keep happening too, until Brad Pitt or Denzel Washington equivalents come along and "out cool" the Tories like Blair did in 97. 

tl,dr

🤡

If you vote Tory and then feel the need to make excuses as to why you voted Tory, then chances are you know it was morally wrong. 

I just don't understand the people who vote for these words removed.

• Like 1

SNP gain West Lothian from Labour.

As awful as Hartlepool was, it’s centre stage coverage just shows how people have been hardened to what Labour have contrived to do in Scotland.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

That video was shown to me a couple of days ago and I'm still unsure if its genuine genius or utterly incompetent

I am going genius on this. Hell, I have a compulsion to vote for him. Its performance art, no its just art. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

3 vote to eat a shit sandwich produced by Eric Pickles

You’d struggle - the word removed ate them all himself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If you vote Tory and then feel the need to make excuses as to why you voted Tory, then chances are you know it was morally wrong. 

I just don't understand the people who vote for these words removed.

I didnt vote tory just to let you know if that was directed at me

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

I've got a letter on the side I need to open. I'm expecting him to turn up shortly.

It'll be a letter about Andy Street written by Andy Street. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Can’t blame Labour for horrible people voting for horrible people. Kindred spirits and all that. 

The problem is, those 'horrible' people voting for the tories in Hartlepool used to vote Labour. 

We need to know why? What's changed?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

That video was shown to me a couple of days ago and I'm still unsure if its genuine genius or utterly incompetent

Maybe Starmer needs to do a similar video. 

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

The problem is, those 'horrible' people voting for the tories in Hartlepool used to vote Labour. 

Have they? The voted in a man in a monkey suit (the football club mascot) who stood as a joke for Mayor for three mayoral election cycles

If there hadn't been a Tory / UKIP fight in the constituency Labour would only have won one election there since 2010

This has been a long time coming and now Brexit is done, so are UKIP / Reform. And that in a nutshell is why the Tories have moved so far to the right

Â