UK local elections 2021

mjmooney

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If more people followed then we might see some kind of change.

My wife says she did exactly the same so hopefully there's some real growth over the next few years. 

Really hoping the local seat doesn't go Tory as I can't stand the Tory MP, slimy, lying git didn't campaign at all about what they would do (except some nonsense about police funding) and instead just threw mud at the Labour candidates. 

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The problem. Is mj we can say all day how stupid people are etc but its just showing the state of the labour party that people prefer boris johnsons shit government. 

Labour need to disband and form a new party that can take on the tories. We need political reform

Can’t blame Labour for horrible people voting for horrible people. Kindred spirits and all that. 

• Like 4

As a wishy washy liberal I am going to be depressed, if not exactly surprised, by the results today.

The tories have an innate knack on landing on their feet. They have survived the brexit vote even thought they had been split on Europe for over 30 years, they have survived the pandemic when it was badly mismanaged, and now they will seemingly survive the break up of Britain even though they are the unionist party.

Divide and rule.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I cannot fathom the mindset of someone who votes tory. my parents vote tory, and it remains so **** depressing / embarrassing. 

Over the last 10 years the media have spent so much time treating Labour like they are in power and talking about why nobody should support Labour that people are now massively brainwashed.

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Broadly speaking, is what happens in Scotland possibly the most important thing that comes out of this?

Yes, I would say so. It's the election that potentially has a long-lasting national impact, the others don't.

• Like 1

As I said yesterday, the local tory on my radio was saying "we must reverse the damage of labour cuts" - literally as brazenly as that.  No one questions it, they hear a sound bite and of course they agree - because actually thinking "hang on.. 10 years of central tory gov cuts have caused cuts country-wide, the bastards" actually requires thinking - a lot of people don't - hence - we are where we are. 

Of course you could question why the radio channel allowed that sound bite to be the sound bite they chose, without question - but again, it requires critical thinking. 

63% in my area went tories - it's just predictable. 

I think people enjoy less public services, wage growth etc because at least we'll get a £500 allowance that the tramps currently get back.

The common folk at at war with the poor, despite the uppers having us all by the short and curlies. 

It's a tale as old as time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Can’t blame Labour for horrible people voting for horrible people. Kindred spirits and all that. 

You cant say every person who votes tory is a horrible person. 

• Confused 1

Since 1979 Labour have had 13 years of power, and 10 of which was Tony Blair who was barely left wing. I can't see them getting back in for at least 10 years.

The UK (well England) is by and large a solid centre right country. The post war period was just an aberration. 

Until all the non nationalist progressive parties in this country actually sit down, discard their innate tribalism, and work out a tactical way of winning elections this will never change.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Have you considered getting a job as a strategist for the Labour Party? Sounds like you'd fit right in.

I dunno, I just think anyone who looks at the last few years and thinks "yeah I'll have some of that", is an utter **** word removed of a human tbf. From whitewishing reports and inaction on grenfell, the nonsense race report, incompetence leading to the needless deaths of thousands during the pandemic, to the contemptible shitshow around brexit - though granted thats what those **** bellends want to be all jingoistic getting the **** royal navy having a pissing contest with the french...

the serial lies from the serial liar, the hypocrisies and the gutting of public services... 

yeah anyone wanting more of that is **** less than vermin

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I dunno, I just think anyone who looks at the last few years and thinks "yeah I'll have some of that", is an utter **** word removed of a human tbf. From whitewishing reports and inaction on grenfell, the nonsense race report, incompetence leading to the needless deaths of thousands during the pandemic, to the contemptible shitshow around brexit - though granted thats what those **** bellends want to be all jingoistic getting the **** royal navy having a pissing contest with the french...

the serial lies from the serial liar, the hypocrisies and the gutting of public services... 

yeah anyone wanting more of that is **** less than vermin

You got the job!

For the next GE I see the slogan "Vermin ****, Vote for us this time" being a winner. 

• Haha 1

Â