Pre-Match Thread

Reading this thread brings back all of those bad memories of Villa being done over by the red scum. I’ve hated them for 30+ years, for a variety of reasons - too many to be bothered to list. 

I know we’ll get f**ked over again on Sunday, but just for once I hope justice prevails and we get a fair shot at them. 

Manure are 11/4 to take a penalty, looks a good bet to at least get something out of it. 

Their history of being dirty cheating scumbags goes back further than the premier League. I remember Bryan Robson two footing Sid Cowan's in a midweek game and the ref giving them a penalty. A more blatant act of deliberate attempt to injure a player you'll be hard to find. Captain Marvel was a horrible dirty bar steward of a player. Manure have always been a bit of a thug team.

• Like 1

I've been watching a few of their games over the last few days. Our opposite winger whoever that is has to attack the fullback on crosses. Van bissaka especially seems to go sleepy bye bye. Shaw is better but Traore might get a couple of decent chances of AEG crosses towards the back post. I think Barkley might get a goal in this.

Have to think that rescheduled Liverpool game now giving them 4 games in 8 days, including 3 gamea in 5 starting with us and then facing Leicester and Liverpool will make them rotate massively. You'd think we'd be the game they rotate most in which has to be a plus for us. 

17 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

We started that game well then the sabre tooth rat stamped on Konsa and screamed like he'd had his favourite Barbie doll stolen. From then on we lost our belief and heads a little and got overrunn.

I still don't understand how the pundits called that a clever bit of play.

Oh yeah the penalty killed it for us as can remember Trez having a nice run and hitting the post early on. Many were unhappy we just gave up at 2 down IIRC but it was actually clever play as we had Palace less than 72 hours later so conserved some energy and that win kickstarted everything.

Guest av1

In a parallel universe where Villa are the best team in Europe and UTD are 10th in league 1, I’d still not be confident going into this fixture. 

There’s just something about these bastards. Winning this would be the icing on top of a fantastic season. 

Luckily ManUre face us, Leicester and Liverpool in the space of 5 days right after an away trip to Rome.

Theyll definitely have to rotate their squad to compete in each fixture and hopefully they’ll rest a few against us. 

• Like 1

Utd fans think they will rotate against Roma, as the tie is effectively won. They think they will play full side against us to secure points and pretty much secure second place. Then they will rest against Leicester as they don’t mind them displacing Liverpool or Chelsea or both from the top 4, and then will go full team and all out to beat biggest rivals Liverpool 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kingman said:

article-2327157-19E07401000005DC-669_634 

Just a bottle of beer to get the "right" decision?....refs come cheap these days - thought the going rate was at least a bottle of whiskey in the refs changing room

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Shame Roma got those injuries or tonight's game might have been a bit more taxing for them. Hopefully La Magica can pull off a miracle and tkae them to extra time ;)

It'll have to be 6-2 to Roma for it to go to extra time haha!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

It'll have to be 6-2 to Roma for it to go to extra time haha!!

So far so good.

• Like 2

Seen Shaw and Wan-Bisakka gone off for them at half time, injury or just tactical?

Would cause them a bit of disruption at the back. Can remember in the Old Trafford game last season El Ghazi skinning Brandon Williams many times in first 10 minutes before he got injured which was annoying, Trez then came on and did well.

On 05/05/2021 at 18:41, Rds1983 said:

Have to think that rescheduled Liverpool game now giving them 4 games in 8 days, including 3 gamea in 5 starting with us and then facing Leicester and Liverpool will make them rotate massively. You'd think we'd be the game they rotate most in which has to be a plus for us. 

These words removed could play eleven rotating washing lines against us and they'd still get a penalty and three points.