Pre-Match Thread

Right then. Come on lads, surely to God we have to beat them at some point? Don't we?

Same team as yesterday with the clear message not to even look at one of their players anywhere near the penalty area. (This includes making sure we aren't stamped on outside the box)

If we can win this game, of all games this season, it would be the absolute highlight.

Come on Villa. Please just win this!

2-0 Watkins, Barkley

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Unfortunate they are 6-2 up on aggregate vs Roma and probably can afford to rest a few players, but I imagine travelling there might knock em back a bit hopefully 

• Like 1

Urghhh a great win yesterday and we have this lot up next.....

Just hope we play in the same manner as yesterday. Yes it will give Man. United more opportunities on counter attack which isn't ideal but let's have a go instead of just sitting back, we actually played pretty well at Old Trafford taking the game to them and were unlucky to lose that with the usual VAR injustice (if ever we're due a VAR decision against one opposition it's this game ffs).

Same team I'd imagine.

They're pretty much done in the league now and will start saving players for europa final so I can actually see us getting a draw from this. 2-2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Right then. Come on lads, surely to God we have to beat them at some point? Don't we?

Same team as yesterday with the clear message not to even look at one of their players anywhere near the penalty area. (This includes making sure we aren't stamped on outside the box)

If we can win this game, of all games this season, it would be the absolute highlight.

spacer.png

• Like 4

All these clubs around the country that are on their arses cos of covid and these scallys have broken into a ground and are protesting against owners they don't like.

Hopefully a points deduction will be forthcoming and removal from any European qualification for next season. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Im looking forward to Watkins being blatantly pulled and kicked to **** by Harry Maguire and the ref giving them a free kick for it. Even after VAR has had a look.

FTFY

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 4

The scenes at Old Trafford yesterday were a deliberate attempt to get the game called off in protest, and they succeeded. I hope that Villa Park is well policed/protected on Sunday. I don’t care what they do at their own ground but they must not get into VP.

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ugh.

That was my first ever game at Villa Park. Would love to see us beat them there again. Absolutely loved it and we'll worth the long coach ride up from Devon. Vividly remember the Yorke penalty and nearly getting run over by Savo outside the stadium (he missed obviously). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1