Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/21 at 22:59

4 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Don't cry about it

They're tears of envy. I wish I had the intelligence, wit and timing to create such wonderful insults to our players. Out of their own surnames! Teach me?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Everton had more shots than us, which surprised me as it felt like we had twice their chances.

Lots from out of the area, most of their better chances were self inflicted.  

Ollie was outrageous good in that game , he's the perfect blend of hard work and skill. Can't wait to see him next season, a year under his belt in the premier league and hopefully a bit more creativity from the wings, need to get him to sign another contract next season 

• Like 1

Ollie was great. Very impressed with Traore and Anwar.

Barkley played well. Caught napping for their goal though. Much more like it in general. Everybody had a solid game. Luiz was drifting again but lovely interception which started our second goal.

8 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The best thing is how Alan tackles and subsequently trips himself. I luurve Traore even when he's having a stinker. Second half he improved.

Yes, I was reminded of this:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Just goes to show had we taken the  'easy' chances we've had we could have been higher. Plus 20 times hit the woodwork. I don't understand why people think this season has been a failure. 

Youngest squad ,next season another season of experience they'll get stronger, fitter and better again.

How many times have we hit the bloody woodwork this season ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roonst83 said:

I watched his game with my brand new twin boys who arrived Saturday morning. Made it home in time and despite feeling completely overwhelmed and being tied up in feeding, I was adamant me and my boys would be cheering us on. Unbelievably delighted with the win and though we played some beautiful stuff throughout and for the first time since Burnley away in January we created multiple very good chances and should’ve been out of sight by HT. Traore showed his craft and silky skills but always had a positive end result out of those moves, Barkley looking much closer to the player we had back in December, much fitter and sharper and was very unlucky with his effort that struck the post. Our midfield and defence worked tirelessly and for the first time in a good while we managed the game out with such ease after El Ghazi’s beautiful strike. This was a reminder of the style of play Smith wants from this Villa team, lovely and fluid with the players finding each other in completely in sync. We’ve struggled massively without Grealish but against Everton we showed we can hold our own. Excellent performance throughout and stops us simply dwindling and fizzling out. Players need to be playing for their places and they played that way last night.

It was the first time that my goal celebration and jubilation wasn’t muted by VAR, but one of my 36 hour twin (Villa) boys who I was feeding when Anwar found the top corner. I was silently screaming for joy. 

Best weekend ever (for me). UTV

Great post and congratulations mate.👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roonst83 said:

I watched his game with my brand new twin boys who arrived Saturday morning. Made it home in time and despite feeling completely overwhelmed and being tied up in feeding, I was adamant me and my boys would be cheering us on. Unbelievably delighted with the win and though we played some beautiful stuff throughout and for the first time since Burnley away in January we created multiple very good chances and should’ve been out of sight by HT. Traore showed his craft and silky skills but always had a positive end result out of those moves, Barkley looking much closer to the player we had back in December, much fitter and sharper and was very unlucky with his effort that struck the post. Our midfield and defence worked tirelessly and for the first time in a good while we managed the game out with such ease after El Ghazi’s beautiful strike. This was a reminder of the style of play Smith wants from this Villa team, lovely and fluid with the players finding each other in completely in sync. We’ve struggled massively without Grealish but against Everton we showed we can hold our own. Excellent performance throughout and stops us simply dwindling and fizzling out. Players need to be playing for their places and they played that way last night.

It was the first time that my goal celebration and jubilation wasn’t muted by VAR, but one of my 36 hour twin (Villa) boys who I was feeding when Anwar found the top corner. I was silently screaming for joy. 

Congrats on being a father. What a moment, what a joy to share in. UTV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roonst83 said:

so you got a double, double.....congrats to you and your wife.

• Like 1

I would like us to be a bit better in the air, in both boxes.

It tickled me reading Steve Bates's report in the Sunday Express, where he remarked on our first goal as a" gift".......It was anything but a "gift"...what is it with some of these people.

Ollie using his determination and fortitiude " forced" Holgate in to an error and won the duel to score the goal.....a "gift" is just about as wide of the mark as you can get.

Its the type of thing I have been talking about on here as we don't do enough......The guy was Brilliant, in his pressing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would like us to be a bit better in the air, in both boxes.

It tickled me reading Steve Bates's report in the Sunday Express, where he remarked on our first goal as a" gift".......It was anything but a "gift"...what is it with some of these people.

Ollie using his determination and fortitiude " forced" Holgate in to an error and won the duel to score the goal.....a "gift" is just about as wide of the mark as you can get.

Its the type of thing I have been talking about on here as we don't do enough......The guy was Brilliant, in his pressing.

Yeah, I agree TRO. I don’t get why we have continually been poor at set pieces - both taking and scoring from them. Mings should be getting more goals too. He’s not really much of a threat from corners but should be, he needs to get some pointers from Laursen! Oh and FFS can you mark the opposition’s main striker and/or tallest player Ty? Not McGinn or Barkley!!

It’s an area that needs rectifying/strengthening. We’ve always failed to take advantage from all the fouls Jack wins too - it’s something we should be exploiting.

Also, all of our CMs are too short & can be easily overpowered - McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba & Sanson. We could do with a tall & physical presence that has quality on the ball too. Koopmeiners?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Best performance in ages, turn on MOTD to find that the only thing they’re interested In talking about is OW vs DCL for the Euros (spoiler-they pick DCL). 

that debate is interesting, the NBC analysts over here both picked OW over DCL

Though I agree that i think both are going to go

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Just watched the game again. Blimey Ollie is good... I mean, very, very good.

I quite agree, yet...a couple of games ago people on here were saying he isn't good enough and we need an upgrade.

• Like 1

Toffee fans on last night's game if anyone wants a listen to what they thought.

These lads say Barkley and Mcginn would improve there team.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Usually when I read fan forums there are a certain few that completely say they hate us, yet I did not see any of that with the Everton forum. In fact if anything it was more admiration for our team from Toffee fans towards our players.

The ratings they gave there players though, let's just say they didn't score past 3.0 out of 10.0 and the hate towards a few of them, it was also like they had the Bruce problem with how much they wanted there manager gone lol.

Edited by Dave-R

Â