Jump to content

2021/22 expectations


Jareth
 Share

Recommended Posts

10th

Consolidation, play the kids, get Watkins and ings to click

Have to go hard in the cups but the Chelsea draw shows how hard that can be, including the yoof winning the JP

Still optimistic and relatively happy as I think these kids will make it and that will be fun, the annoyance this season will be that I might join the make a sub deano brigade cos I'll want the 28 year old on the bench to get a chance every week

Also still think the PL is **** wank and the sky 6 big 4 whatever can all **** off 

Edited by villa4europe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Can you list the two teams who will leapfrog us so we end 13th?

Its my opinion we have internationals coming up players missing we have also the fact of injuries and still trying to deal with the main player we had last season leaving us plus the fact we have to give players time to fit into the premiership. so 13th is a good bet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, string28 said:

Its my opinion we have internationals coming up players missing we have also the fact of injuries and still trying to deal with the main player we had last season leaving us plus the fact we have to give players time to fit into the premiership. so 13th is a good bet.

Our players will be fit in a week or two. So after 4 games of the season and 34 remaining we should have a full squad to pick from. So aside from the Chelsea game we won't be missing players until AFCON when we lose Nakamba/Traore (other Prem teams lose players too).

But if you could list two teams from Palace, Southampton, Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle, Wolves, Norwich, Brentford, Watford who will end above us which ones would it be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Our players will be fit in a week or two. So after 4 games of the season and 34 remaining we should have a full squad to pick from. So aside from the Chelsea game we won't be missing players until AFCON when we lose Nakamba/Traore (other Prem teams lose players too).

But if you could list two teams from Palace, Southampton, Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle, Wolves, Norwich, Brentford, Watford who will end above us which ones would it be?

palace have had a good window. brighton have made a couple of good additions and kept bissouma. wolves still have a decent squad. southampton similar to brighton, good additions and kept their best player.

on paper our squad is still better than all them but think this slow start coupled with the tough run we have could be difficult to properly recover from. prob get another annoying injury to a key player or 2 just in time for some easier games too

i personally agree that i think we might finish a place or 2 lower than last season but if we can blood in the youngsters and have a good run go in the cups i'd be ok with that

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Our players will be fit in a week or two. So after 4 games of the season and 34 remaining we should have a full squad to pick from. So aside from the Chelsea game we won't be missing players until AFCON when we lose Nakamba/Traore (other Prem teams lose players too).

But if you could list two teams from Palace, Southampton, Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle, Wolves, Norwich, Brentford, Watford who will end above us which ones would it be?

Its my opinion ive posted why so get over it ok. wow lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

palace have had a good window. brighton have made a couple of good additions and kept bissouma. wolves still have a decent squad. southampton similar to brighton, good additions and kept their best player.

on paper our squad is still better than all them but think this slow start coupled with the tough run we have could be difficult to properly recover from. prob get another annoying injury to a key player or 2 just in time for some easier games too

i personally agree that i think we might finish a place or 2 lower than last season but if we can blood in the youngsters and have a good run go in the cups i'd be ok with that

Southampton had a disaster of a window, losing Ings, Bertrand and Vestergaard

Palace is extremely overrated and see them finishing lower than under Roy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went on Facebook, saw some Birmingham live thing reporting what was said on talksport as news... Didn't click it but it was Simon Jordan saying we've had an alright summer

First comment was a fan claiming that we had the opportunity to buy a CL qualifying squad this summer and we've been half arsed about it

That kind of bullshit and the negativity that then comes with it kills us 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Southampton had a disaster of a window, losing Ings, Bertrand and Vestergaard

Palace is extremely overrated and see them finishing lower than under Roy

keeping JWP whilst adding some players too i wouldn't call a disaster

i think it's exciting times as a palace fan personally...got rid of a dinosaur of a manager and some dinosaurs of players and brought in younger manager and some exciting players. they'll be just fine this season.

not saying these teams are finishing above us, i say again our squad is still better, just saying it could happen and we're already seeing how a team can be derailed. covid seems to love our players as we have yet another outbreak...unlikely to be the last.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, string28 said:

Its my opinion ive posted why so get over it ok. wow lol

I was just asking, because people are happy to name a pessimistic position we will come but when asked to qualify why by listing the teams they deem better than us their argument falls apart. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After losing You-know-who, and considering his contributions over the last few years, I think anywhere around 11th would be some achievement. I also think it would prove we've had a good transfer window, and that we've learnt not to be reliant on one player/tactic. But I also think we may be quite lucky with the amount of other teams going through similar transitions, Wolves, Palace etc with new management, Saints, Norwich losing influential players, and Newcastle blowing hot and cold like they always do. Then theres Everton and West Ham who I find really difficult to work out consistency-wise. Surely Brentford will struggle at times, but conversely surely Arsenal will improve? So I could see us stay where we are, I could also see us improve by maybe one or two places. But as this is the 'expectations' thread I'll say this: I expect champions league qualification, the North Stand to be replaced with a Holte End clone, and beating Shi**y in the cup final during which the snake does a Slippy G and pulls his hamstring, leaving a real local hero to score the winner. Anything else is failure

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Went on Facebook, saw some Birmingham live thing reporting what was said on talksport as news... Didn't click it but it was Simon Jordan saying we've had an alright summer

First comment was a fan claiming that we had the opportunity to buy a CL qualifying squad this summer and we've been half arsed about it

That kind of bullshit and the negativity that then comes with it kills us 

Yeah, Dean Smith has been here under 3 years and we were bottom half of the table in Championship. Three years after the owners bought the club fans are moaning that we aren't fighting for the CL places. 

Ridiculous. Says more about those people than anything

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

keeping JWP whilst adding some players too i wouldn't call a disaster

i think it's exciting times as a palace fan personally...got rid of a dinosaur of a manager and some dinosaurs of players and brought in younger manager and some exciting players. they'll be just fine this season.

not saying these teams are finishing above us, i say again our squad is still better, just saying it could happen and we're already seeing how a team can be derailed. covid seems to love our players as we have yet another outbreak...unlikely to be the last.

Palace have had 5 shots on target in 3 games, now they have a nightmare next 5 games. Vieira is a poor manager and could be gone by Christmas. Nothing about there signings say impressive either maybe Olise. Edouard last season I was keen but he has been disgraceful at Celtic the last year

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I was just asking, because people are happy to name a pessimistic position we will come but when asked to qualify why by listing the teams they deem better than us their argument falls apart. 

But surely the correct answer would be literally any of the teams could finish above us?  Why does it matter about producing a list of likely teams?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I was just asking, because people are happy to name a pessimistic position we will come but when asked to qualify why by listing the teams they deem better than us their argument falls apart. 

I think 13th will be good and would be happy with that so we can build next season. This season will be trying to find who fits and who dont plus the fact we just lost our best player with the ball will take time simple really. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But surely the correct answer would be literally any of the teams could finish above us?  Why does it matter about producing a list of likely teams?

exactly. this time last year who would have bet that west ham would've finished above us?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter

I think finishing in and around a similar position with a similar amount of points would represent a solid season after the upheaval of losing Grealish.

If we can blood some youngsters along the way, even better as that should set us up nicely for next season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â