Tickets

OutByEaster?

On 14/05/2021 at 10:54, sidcow said:

Shit.  I don't really want to go to this.  I only entered because my son urged me to do it as he wanted to go.  

When I tried I couldn't add him despite being linked to my account.  Turned out he couldn't wait so has entered himself independently.

I've now got a ticket.  Waiting to hear from him if he's had an e-mail too, I just know he won't. I can't even give him mine because of the photo ting. 

If he hasn't I'm just telling him I've failed too.  I assume if I don't take up the option they'll go back into a second round ballot. 

Forgot to say the lad was also successful.  Phew! Gonna buy my ticket soon. He's already done his! 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Also in L5 - couldn’t get our season ticket seats in this block but regardless just happy to be back at my spiritual home again.

Couldn't get L5 as forgot that they went on sale as 12! Got K6 though, just pleased to be there. 

I've had to go a fair distance away from my lad which is a shame. 

I assume no one is going to stop me moving over to sit with him.   From what I've heard about the FA Cup Final fans were just ignoring the separation and just sitting where they wanted. 

There were some available for £27 apparently, but we're still one of the most expensive teams in the PL for tickets for the last match. Burnley free; Baggies, Leeds, Man U, Everton, Palace, even Arsenal are under £30.

hopefully not a sign of things to come. I know our season tickets are among the cheaper end, and there's a waiting list. With a business head on you'd up the prices, but you'd hope this isn't just business. If we start jacking the prices up then I'm out.

• Like 1

I paid £27 on the Holte. 9 teams have cheaper tickets available at the lowest end of their pricing but only Burnley and Baggies have a flat rate below £27 (love that Burnley are doing it for free, great gesture). Leeds is £27 flat rate. Meanwhile relegated Sheff United are charging £40 for Burnley and relegated Fulham are charging £40 for Newcastle. I imagine if our games had been against those sides they wouldn’t have gone as high as they have.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blunther said:

There were some available for £27 apparently, but we're still one of the most expensive teams in the PL for tickets for the last match. Burnley free; Baggies, Leeds, Man U, Everton, Palace, even Arsenal are under £30.

hopefully not a sign of things to come. I know our season tickets are among the cheaper end, and there's a waiting list. With a business head on you'd up the prices, but you'd hope this isn't just business. If we start jacking the prices up then I'm out.

Aren't these just the match day prices for class A matches for the 2019-20 season? If we were playing Palace or someone like that it would be a lot cheaper.

I don't swingeing price increases this year after all this. The local economy in Birmingham is  in not great shape. I expect a modest increase, followed by another hike in 2022/23.  They don't want to choke off the demand just yet.

Off topic but 2021-22 could well be the only 'normal' season in about 4 as 2022 will have a pause due to the Qatar World Cup.

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Aren't these just the match day prices for class A matches for the 2019-20 season? If we were playing Palace or someone like that it would be a lot cheaper.

correct...it's chelsea, a category A game.

just had a quick look, prices haven't increased anyway. category A for upper doug was £50 last season

good on burnley for giving tickets away for this last game...really is admirable.

but people complaining about £50 a ticket didn't HAVE to pay that. they had a choice where in the ground they sat or could've just not gone. as someone else said, i've also paid £27 for holte lower. seems perfectly reasonable to me

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

correct...it's chelsea, a category A game.

just had a quick look, prices haven't increased anyway. category A for upper doug was £50 last season

good on burnley for giving tickets away for this last game...really is admirable.

but people complaining about £50 a ticket didn't HAVE to pay that. they had a choice where in the ground they sat or could've just not gone. as someone else said, i've also paid £27 for holte lower. seems perfectly reasonable to me

didn't have much choice by the time we managed to get through to buying due to the pretty awful website. And I certainly wouldn't have gone if I'd known how much it was before a mate bought it!

Maybe it is the standard price for a Cat A game, I'm season ticket so used to paying about £26 per game, regardless who it's against. No idea why it costs more to see us get diicked by better teams, I'd rather watch us play someone and have more chance of winning. It's not a standard game either though. Usually games where there's not a packed villa park will be priced accordingly. Don't mind spending £15 on a cup ticket even though it'll be a crap atmosphere with 20k there.

Obviously I'm out of the loop and a minority here, but to me £50 to watch a game of football is extortionate. no idea how much people spend bringing their family to a so-called 'cat a' game. Must be twice the price of a day out at Alton Towers, and I know which one would be more fun.

Edited by blunther
  • Like 1

FYI, just had an email from Villa, they've done a re-ballot so if you weren't successful before, check your emails again as you may have got lucky. We've decided not to go now as made other plans and also bought tickets for the youth cup game on Monday.

Just bought myself a ticket as I won in the second ballot, not the greatest selection of seats but just happy to be there. Going on my own which will be strange.

Does anyone know if any car parks are opening?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Anyone received this health questionnaire yet?

Was just about to ask the same thing. Has anyone? The email says we should receive it by email 72 hours before kick off but not received anything yet.

Â