Tickets

OutByEaster?

26 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

you are correct i can apply for 4 tickets but only have 1 entry to get them

You could all apply separately, but then you couldn't sit together and you might not all get to go.

As a single fan I don't have more or less chance of going than you do as a group, if you were going as four separate fans we'd still individually each have the same chance of going. As an individual, your chance of going isn't affected by you being in a four, you're just as likely to be drawn out.

58 minutes ago, hippo said:

What have we been doing all day:-

Signing up for digital membership

Upload a photograph

Link your fan ID

Check you fan ID is linked as it keeps asking you

Finally sign up for the ballot

Wonder if you at a disadvantage if you've entered as a group.

In fairness, you've chosen to do most of this stuff today.

I did the digital membership thing a month or so ago when it was launched and uploaded my photo a few weeks ago, even though that was launched before christmas.

Today, I logged in, clicked on buy tickets, added one and submitted.

You're not disadvantaged by being in a group.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I've just entered, I rushed and didn't see anything about uploading a photo?

I can see the question mark at the end, but that's not a question :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

I've just entered, I rushed and didn't see anything about uploading a photo?

you need to upload a photo of yourself to your account

be interested to know what happens with situations like this. do they let those without photos still buy the tickets and chase them up or just exclude them from the draw?

3 hours ago, hippo said:

This should be simple. You have a season ticket reference you get the option to enter a ballot.

What have we been doing all day:-

Signing up for digital membership

Upload a photograph

Link your fan ID

Check you fan ID is linked as it keeps asking you

Finally sign up for the ballot

Wonder if you at a disadvantage if you've entered as a group.

.......sorry total farce ....

Draw the numbers- invite successful people to buy 

Re draw for any unclaimed tickets.

we were told months ago to upload photos to be fair

the game is in less than 3 weeks...they need to just get it done, not waste time re drawing and re drawing until they have sold them all

and the whole linking of fan IDs, photos etc would still need to be done

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, you've chosen to do most of this stuff today.

I did the digital membership thing a month or so ago when it was launched and uploaded my photo a few weeks ago, even though that was launched before christmas.

Today, I logged in, clicked on buy tickets, added one and submitted.

You're not disadvantaged by being in a group.

I did it today - because I didn't (like many others) get an email. Apparently I opted out of marketing preferences (iirc they just stopped sending them)

I'm pretty sure there are a fair few season ticket holders - who have heard nothing, done nothing - but think (quite reasonably) that as a season ticket holder they will automatically be in the ballot 

Just now, tomav84 said:

we were told months ago to upload photos to be fair

the game is in less than 3 weeks...they need to just get it done, not waste time re drawing and re drawing until they have sold them all

and the whole linking of fan IDs, photos etc would still need to be done

You might have been - I and many others weren't.

Just now, hippo said:

I'm pretty sure there are a fair few season ticket holders - who have heard nothing, done nothing - but think (quite reasonably) that as a season ticket holder they will automatically be in the ballot.

Automatically balloting the season ticket holders would be really difficult though, there'd be loads that would say no and no way to seat people together. The photo ID thing isn't the club's idea, it's to do with track and trace and the requirements to identify anyone that attends. 

Apologies that my answer was a bit harsh before, I know how frustrating a misbehaving website can be, but in fairness to the club, I think they've set up to do this in a pretty fair and straightforward way.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

You might have been - I and many others weren't.

It was on the club website, facebook and twitter accounts on a couple of occasions, it was on here and most of the other Villa sites and it was in the Birmingham Mail, they have tried in fairness!

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Automatically balloting the season ticket holders would be really difficult though, there'd be loads that would say no and no way to seat people together. The photo ID thing isn't the club's idea, it's to do with track and trace and the requirements to identify anyone that attends. 

Apologies that my answer was a bit harsh before, I know how frustrating a misbehaving website can be, but in fairness to the club, I think they've set up to do this in a pretty fair and straightforward way.

No probs

My point stands though. I stopped getting marketing emails and thus didn't get the invite email. Lots of people only got the email a few days back.

So some season ticket holders are sitting at home now oblivious to all this .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It was on the club website, facebook and twitter accounts on a couple of occasions, it was on here and most of the other Villa sites and it was in the Birmingham Mail, they have tried in fairness!

I practically live on the internet - I filter out the shite like Birmingham live.

A lot of older season ticket holders don't use social media.

Sorry I think it's been poor. It's going to be a meaningless game in any case - so doubt there will be any big uproar.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I practically live on the internet - I filter out the shite like Birmingham live.

A lot of older season ticket holders don't use social media.

Sorry I think it's been poor. It's going to be a meaningless game in any case - so doubt there will be any big uproar.

What would you like them to have done instead?

And I ask that partly because there's likely to be a very tight window for season ticket sales this summer and I know the club will be looking for feedback on making sure they're able to get that through.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What would you like them to have done instead?

And I ask that partly because there's likely to be a very tight window for season ticket sales this summer and I know the club will be looking for feedback on making sure they're able to get that through.

Post ? 

Not drop people of mailing lists - without telling them 

Season ticket holders not on a mailing list - shouldn't be excluded.

In principle I think every season ticket holder should be invited into the draw ...surely ???

I guess from the clubs perspective, email has replaced post and they've emailed every season ticket holder except those that have asked them not to by opting out.

Oddly enough, when Dean Smith sent out a letter to season ticket holders earlier this year, I didn't get one, so I'm not sure post works for everyone either!

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I guess from the clubs perspective, email has replaced post and they've emailed every season ticket holder except those that have asked them not to by opting out.

Oddly enough, when Dean Smith sent out a letter to season ticket holders earlier this year, I didn't get one, so I'm not sure post works for everyone either!

I didn't ask not to receive emails. They just stopped sending them.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I didn't ask not to receive emails. They just stopped sending them.

Actually, come to think of it, I didn't get one for this ticket issue either, but I'm pretty sure I got one the first time they were looking to put this into play before Christmas and asked about photos. 

I guess there's a certain amount of responsibility on fans to keep an eye on the club's channels and the local media, which I think is fair.

For me, once I'd noticed, the entire process was pretty quick and took about thirty seconds, but I know that's not been the case for everyone.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Actually, come to think of it, I didn't get one for this ticket issue either, but I'm pretty sure I got one the first time they were looking to put this into play before Christmas and asked about photos. 

I guess there's a certain amount of responsibility on fans to keep an eye on the club's channels and the local media, which I think is fair.

For me, once I'd noticed, the entire process was pretty quick and took about thirty seconds, but I know that's not been the case for everyone.

Unscientific I know - but amongst season ticket holders I know the response from around 50% was "what photo?" ....."what email ?" 

I uploaded my photo months ago, maybe even end of last year. Been a digital member for a while too but only realised last week you had to link the fan id. Saw the tweet the other day about opting in for emails etc (mine were all turned to no) so that got sorted. Meant today was extremely easy for me.

They have slowly advertised each stage of this and have said you'd need it to get any future tickets. Appreciate not everyone would have seen but can't blame the club for that.

Â