Tickets

OutByEaster?

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

'You are currently unable to purchase tickets for this event' ?

were you a season ticket holder in 2019/2020? i guess also check if you have a photo uploaded

Edited by tomav84

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Won't let me enter the ballot either  I'm limited to 0 tickets despite photo and season ticket holder. As usual everything to do with IT at this club is shite.

looking on twitter a few are having issues i think. try again later i believe is the message

we have until sunday evening anyway

Sorry, you cannot buy any more tickets to event Aston Villa v Chelsea - Ballot 09/05/2021 23:59.
Sales to this event are limited  to 0 tickets per event per history per item owner.

Literally phoned yesterday to confirm I am a season ticket holder and I am. 

Why does everything the ticketing system does from assigning tickets in peace time to relocating always be an absolute Ballache

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Website.

Your are invited by email to enter the ballot. You then enter the ballot on the website.

TAKE NOTE.  Registering your fan ID and uploading a photo is a pre req to the enter the ballot. BUT - doing this does not automatically put you in the ballot.

Why they didn't just draw out 10,000 season ticket holders - is beyond me.

The photos and mobiles could have been done after.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

This seems so unnecessarily complicated - why can't we just have one account that does everything ?  - we have a ticket account , villa tv account, villa app, rewards account  and now a digital membership .

Got an email from the club which says unless you are opted in to marketing preference - you won't get the email inviting you into the ballot - apparently I opted out of marketing preference (news to me !!!!!) 

I ve linked my fan id - but it keeps asking me to link it again - the preferences tab where I opt in to marketing emails I can't find ? 

Shambles !

Yeah, I didn't get an e mither, but I managed to enter the ballot OK and got an e mither confirmation of having done that.

The linking the account thing - confusion reigns - I kept trying, and in the end decided I must have already done it yonks ago - so I dunno why the website kept telling me to do it when I was already logged in and had obviously done it.

Still, fingers crossed now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

Isn't this digital membership designed to be that one account that you want that does everything? I thought that was why everyone was being asked to link their fan ID to their login so that everything can now be done from one place. 

Ahhh the much vaunted single sign on. !!!!

Yes you can - but it's such a Mish mash - where you see your fan ID - you can't see your photo, and vice versa - and you have to manage your account (not sign in) to set your preferences ! 

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm limited to 0 tickets

Use the up-arrow next to the 0 tickets and change it  - I think that's what I did adult ticket...and then use the up arrow

I’ve entered. One thing I’ll be interested in (and I presume the answer is yes)... if a group of 4 ST holder friends all apply for the four of them and are all successful, will the 12 tickets that aren’t taken up be re-released? Logistical nightmare for the ticket office to sort this, might have been easier to make everyone apply on their own and then let successful people book in their bubbles after. Although I am saying that as someone who only wants one seat anyway so would suit me.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Just draw 10k season ticket numbers !!!

Nah - Not a good idea.

They have no idea if 10,000 randomly selected season ticket holders want to go to the the game, can go, are willing to follow the rules, upload pics etc.

Better to let the people self select via doing the photo stuff etc. and then pick from the people that have actively said they want to go. If they just pick 10K at random, some won't want to go, some won't follow the photo ID, some won't pay...etc. too much of a mess, that. They've done it the right way.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'll phone the ticket office as I usually have to do when buying friends tickets or relocating for a game as it is so convoluted on this shocking website with zero user friendly advice. 

I phoned today - not particularly confidence inspiring. Was told I was in the ballot - when the ballot hadn't even opened !  - Once he realised I wasn't going to be fobbed we bumbled through it.

46 minutes ago, chappy said:

I’ve entered. One thing I’ll be interested in (and I presume the answer is yes)... if a group of 4 ST holder friends all apply for the four of them and are all successful, will the 12 tickets that aren’t taken up be re-released? Logistical nightmare for the ticket office to sort this, might have been easier to make everyone apply on their own and then let successful people book in their bubbles after. Although I am saying that as someone who only wants one seat anyway so would suit me.

yeah i wondered that too. i want to sit with my mates but selfishly wondering if it boosts my chances if i apply just on my own. it's not clear if it's an all or nothing thing if you apply as a group

59 minutes ago, chappy said:

Isn't this prevented by only allowing one ballot entry per fan ID? I thought that if one person applied for a group of 4 tickets that would mean that none of the other 4 would then be able to apply for tickets separately.

• Thanks 1

Â