Tickets

OutByEaster?

Yep, tickets!

10,000 of us are going to see a game at Villa Park in 24 days time.

I'm guessing the club will be putting these tickets on sale in the next week or so, so this is your reminder that under the current Covid rules you'll need to have uploaded a picture to the website in order to buy a ticket.

it'll be a lottery of season ticket holders and if it transpires that there aren't 10,000 season ticket holders that want to go, it'll then go to members.

When the tickets go on sale, you'll need to apply alongside any other season ticket holders you want to go with so that you can be sat in bubbles - so if there are three of you, you can book a three seat thing in advance and then when you get to the ground that'll be marked out for you as there together - that's important because it's not easy to change and if one of you can't go, the club can't resell that ticket easily, they might need to change the layout of a whole row in order to make up that space.

Anyways, I don't think we're far from an announcement - be ready and good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, tickets!

10,000 of us are going to see a game at Villa Park in 24 days time.

I'm guessing the club will be putting these tickets on sale in the next week or so, so this is your reminder that under the current Covid rules you'll need to have uploaded a picture to the website in order to buy a ticket.

it'll be a lottery of season ticket holders and if it transpires that there aren't 10,000 season ticket holders that want to go, it'll then go to members.

When the tickets go on sale, you'll need to apply alongside any other season ticket holders you want to go with so that you can be sat in bubbles - so if there are three of you, you can book a three seat thing in advance and then when you get to the ground that'll be marked out for you as there together - that's important because it's not easy to change and if one of you can't go, the club can't resell that ticket easily, they might need to change the layout of a whole row in order to make up that space.

Anyways, I don't think we're far from an announcement - be ready and good luck!

think that last fans meeting thing they said only around 10k have uploaded photos. i reckon odds will be pretty decent on getting a ticket

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I must have missed the picture thing- how do you do that? And why is it needed? To stop your  season ticket being given to your mate for the odd game in the future?

It's a Covid thing and the club are hoping that it will only ever be needed for this game. To cover track & trace in case there's any outbreak of Covid, they need to know who was in the ground and where they were sat - for that, they need a ticket with your name on it and your picture so they know it's you.

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I must have missed the picture thing- how do you do that? And why is it needed? To stop your  season ticket being given to your mate for the odd game in the future?

i believe it's within your ticketing account online. just gotta upload a photo of yourself

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Apropos of nothing, but no-one has a season ticket.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Apropos of nothing, but no-one has a season ticket.

The club still considers anyone that held a season ticket at the end of last season to be a 'season ticket holder' and will be restricting sales of tickets for the Chelsea game to season ticket holders.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, turvontour said:

But this picture thing hasn't been communicated yet, or have I missed it?

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/Upload-your-photo-to-your-ticketing-account/

While Aston Villa await the return of fans to Villa Park on matchdays, we're asking supporters to ensure their ticketing accounts are up-to-date.

We are planning and preparing for the safe return of fans whenever possible in line with government guidelines (see full update here), and we’re asking supporters to get match ticket ready by uploading a photo to your ticket account.

• Like 1

Uploaded my photo. Here's hoping not many can be arsed to in the hope of increasing my odds.

Still not asked for reimbursement of my tickets for the cancelled season. Just logged in for the first time in a year but can't see any credit or anything 

TICKETS!!!

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/Chelsea-ticket-ballot-details/

Aston Villa is delighted to be able to confirm ticketing arrangements for the return of supporters to Villa Park.

now what's going to be more difficult...getting a ticket via the ballot or explaining to my 60+ year old mates how to upload a photo to the website?

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

This seems so unnecessarily complicated - why can't we just have one account that does everything ?  - we have a ticket account , villa tv account, villa app, rewards account  and now a digital membership .

Got an email from the club which says unless you are opted in to marketing preference - you won't get the email inviting you into the ballot - apparently I opted out of marketing preference (news to me !!!!!) 

I ve linked my fan id - but it keeps asking me to link it again - the preferences tab where I opt in to marketing emails I can't find ? 

Shambles !

Edited by hippo

42 minutes ago, hippo said:

This seems so unnecessarily complicated - why can't we just have one account that does everything ?  - we have a ticket account , villa tv account, villa app, rewards account  and now a digital membership .

Got an email from the club which says unless you are opted in to marketing preference - you won't get the email inviting you into the ballot - apparently I opted out of marketing preference (news to me !!!!!) 

I ve linked my fan id - but it keeps asking me to link it again - the preferences tab where I opt in to marketing emails I can't find ? 

Shambles !

it keeps going in a loop for me.

click here to link your fan ID - confirm details - you will be redirected to the ticketing site - click here to link your fan ID

i presume it's done because i can still see ticketing history etc, but it is certainly overly complicated

46 minutes ago, hippo said:

Shambles !

Isn't this digital membership designed to be that one account that you want that does everything? I thought that was why everyone was being asked to link their fan ID to their login so that everything can now be done from one place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â