NFL 2021 Draft Topic

Tegis

I wanted Etienne but it is a silly pick from a business point of view. All the players that we should have picked at 25 are still there though so hopefully Joe Cullen gets some help today .

A lot of guys drafted today will be better than yesterdays picks that's for sure . All the safeties and DT's  are left. Loads of good CB's too.

If we can 2 from Olujari , Moehrig and Freiermuth I'll be chuffed.

Feel bad for James Robinson though as Etienne will already be wealthier than him .

Not sure there's a better QB than Minshew available either so I'd like to see him go somewhere where he might play.

I've seen a lot of bummed out Giants fans but I'd have took Toney and another first rounder over Devonta Noodle legs all day , every day. 

Trevon Grimes is going to be another Swain/ Cleveland type of steal too.

49 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Can't say I'm to enamored with the Panthers pick. Looking forward to getting destroyed by Kyle Pitts for the next ten years anyway. 

Out of Surtain , Joseph , Campbell and Horn it was Horn who dealt with Pitts best last season.    In fact Pitts embarrassed Surtain .

Looking forward to seeing Fred Warner going up against Pitts over the years. 

3rd and 5th rounds are usually where the Niners do their best business (5th especially) so I'm interested to see what players are still around there. I kinda want Ojulari as I really liked what I saw of him and surprised he didn't go 1st round 

*Checks the board* Nope, we still passed on Fields :(. Good god I hope he flops. Missing out on Allen (Hindsight 20-20) is annoying enough.

Now we'll see if Lock has anything, 3rd year (with only 1 season worth of starts) is the breaking point

Just now, theunderstudy said:

I kinda want Ojulari as I really liked what I saw of him and surprised he didn't go 1st round 

Absolutely.  I think it was a medical concern that caused the slide much like Farley.

4 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Out of Surtain , Joseph , Campbell and Horn it was Horn who dealt with Pitts best last season.    In fact Pitts embarrassed Surtain .

Yeah I saw that. Another elite NFC South receiver to deal with ffs, the division is so tough. Think we'd have been in play for Fields had we not traded for Darnold. Fields just feels like we're all gonna be saying "they drafted him over Fields?!" just like we did with Mahomes and DeShaun. Sad. 

7 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Yeah I saw that. Another elite NFC South receiver to deal with ffs, the division is so tough. Think we'd have been in play for Fields had we not traded for Darnold. Fields just feels like we're all gonna be saying "they drafted him over Fields?!" just like we did with Mahomes and DeShaun. Sad. 

Horn is a good CB at least. If we were at 12 and didn't need to address QB I'd have been wanting him. South Carolina suck but they produce at least one star every year. We've got Kinlaw and Deebo Samuel from them the last couple of years.

End of the day if Darnold bombs it you'll be in a good position to address QB next season and you've got a top young CB to deal with the NFC South wide threats.

(Also I only realised recently that he's Joe Horn's kid)

1 hour ago, abdomlahor said:

all these college numbers are gonna look so bad. kyle pitts is gonna wear #8 ffs

The NFL is secondary to college for me so I love the new change . When I think CJ Henderson I think number 5 rather than whatever he is in the 20's. Cee Dee Lamb will always be number 2 in my head etc ... But this is weird as Pitts IS 84 ?  

Tom Brady is the only one moaning because when he went to college Lincoln was President.

3 hours ago, Milfner said:

. Fields just feels like we're all gonna be saying "they drafted him over Fields?!" just like we did with Mahomes and DeShaun. Sad. 

Oh for sure . We took the Stephen Hendry guy but part of me still thinks we might regret not taking the  Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Even if you only watch Buckeye highlights deep down we all know he won't flop. 

I posted this way back in the college thread but it's a telling play for me and he doesn't even do anything with the ball.

Rhule spoke last year that the one thing that impressed them about Teddy was his ability to extend plays with his legs, but his arm wasn’t winning us games. Seems a guy who does that falls into our lap but we’ve shit ourselves because we traded a second for Darnold who will likely only be here for two years. Seems pretty **** myopic to me. 

Â