NFL 2021 Draft Topic

Tegis

"With the X pick in the 2021 draft"

Just a few simple words and not one pick announcer has been able to say it without mangling it somehow. 

My favourite so far was "And with the 2nd pick in the 44th round"

Edited by Brumerican
  • Haha 1

Think we reached a bit for Aaron Banks but a big Guard isn't to be sniffed at. I like Trey Sermon but didn't feel RB was a huge need on the 3rd. Ambry Thomas maybe a little over drafted but definitely a position of need. 3 5th round picks though which is where we shine...

Chargers have plugged holes so it's hard to judge how good they'll be without the context of exactly who they'll be played

The TE for example is apparently nothing special in the passing game but is a great run blocker so despite more or less every analyst saying we've reached I've got to wait until I see how he's used 

Tom Telesco is proper hot and cold too, our 6th rounder could be better than our 2nd, I'd read somewhere that there's no signing of 15 odd undrafted players to camp to have a look at them this year, that's shit, we've picked up some great players from there in recent years 

Some decent WRs left. I hope we go WR or Edge. More rumours about Sherman coming back but if that's unfounded then I'd like us to grab some depth at CB so Dontae Johnson never sees the light of day at Levi's again

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Chargers have plugged holes so it's hard to judge how good they'll be without the context of exactly who they'll be played

The TE for example is apparently nothing special in the passing game but is a great run blocker so despite more or less every analyst saying we've reached I've got to wait until I see how he's used 

Tom Telesco is proper hot and cold too, our 6th rounder could be better than our 2nd, I'd read somewhere that there's no signing of 15 odd undrafted players to camp to have a look at them this year, that's shit, we've picked up some great players from there in recent years 

George Kittle was only seen as a blocker when we drafted him because he loves blocking and he's very very good at it. He's also a very good receiving tight end also but never really had the opportunity to showcase either in college. I'd wait and see

• Like 1

Sensational night for the Panthers I reckon. WR, TE and OL all ticked off, plus traded back three times, rinsed the Texans and got back a lot from the Darnold trade. 

36 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Sensational night for the Panthers I reckon. WR, TE and OL all ticked off, plus traded back three times, rinsed the Texans and got back a lot from the Darnold trade. 

You twerps have twatted  my teams dreams of Tommy Tremble  and Timmy Tebow as a Tight End twosome.

Looks like we will have to go the Yeboah Tebowa route.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So the Texans trading up to take a QB surely suggests we've seen the last of Deshaun, either due to suspension or we will eventually trade

Pretty much . That was them giving up on him IMO.

28 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Pretty much . That was them giving up on him IMO.

Classic Texans. His trade value now will be so much lower than it was. I guess we didn't have much choice, doubt any team touches him until this is sorted one way or the other. 

A lot of teams seem to have had good drafts to be fair.  Maybe there'll be fewer late-round steals 

Just now, theunderstudy said:

A lot of teams seem to have had good drafts to be fair.  Maybe there'll be fewer late-round steals 

We haven't addressed a single position of "need" yet since Trev and we won only one game last season. I've never seen a Jags draft where they just took BPA regardless of needs or injury concerns.

If we are still shit then how is that different to any other day ? 

We still have another 5 picks so even a 50% hit rate would be amazing this year.

Any 5 from these will see me doing cartwheels

TE  Jordan , Yeboah , Wells , Farell

DT   Nixon , Tufele, Shelvin , Twyman, 

EDGE  Roche , Rashed Jr,   Ogundeji , Weaver

WR  Terry, Grimes,  Vasher 

Javonte Williams = Yeah, not missing Lindsay anymore. Thats a stud.

Quinn Meinerz = The Gut from the senior bowl. BPA value.

Baron Browning = Fangio gets his Linebacker

Looks good on paper. No reaches

A RT today would be nice. James will not survive the cap-cut next year

Edited by Tegis

Â