Match Thread: Villa v West Brom

limpid

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

You don't have to agree, but from day 1 its been clear to me that Smith was never the man to take us to the top.

Mid table prem is his level, and as an ambitious club, he's taken us as far as he can.  Time to move on.

He's capable of creative a style of play that works but takes him 6 months to get there.  When teams figure out the weakness and results turn sour, it takes him another 6 months to come up with a solution.

You don't get that kind of time at this level.  And hes not shown he is learning anything as we are making the same basic errors tonight as we were making in his first game in charge and have featured in nearly every game during his tenure.

As a coach, i think he can make a player better, as a manager, he is simply too slow and too naive.

Haha from day 1?

Brilliant. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Everyone giving Davis shit for his first aqttempt after coming on literally a minute prior, no credit for the skill to get into the shooting position?

It was quintessentially Davis.

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

You don't have to agree, but from day 1 its been clear to me that Smith was never the man to take us to the top.

Mid table prem is his level, and as an ambitious club, he's taken us as far as he can.  Time to move on.

He's capable of creative a style of play that works but takes him 6 months to get there.  When teams figure out the weakness and results turn sour, it takes him another 6 months to come up with a solution.

You don't get that kind of time at this level.  And hes not shown he is learning anything as we are making the same basic errors tonight as we were making in his first game in charge and have featured in nearly every game during his tenure.

As a coach, i think he can make a player better, as a manager, he is simply too slow and too naive.

We're nowhere near the top... 

Who's coming in tomorrow to take mid table villa to the top? 

No one