Match Thread: Villa v West Brom

limpid

1 minute ago, Awol said:

No Villa fans want him out. Can’t speak for fans of other teams 

Replacing Smith would be my first move if I were NSWE.  I can't see any signs that he is learning, and have no confidence he can take us where we want to go

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's not there to teach an international footballer how to pass the ball 5 yards 

But if an international is struggling to pass the ball 5 yards - would that not suggest something isn't quite working out ?

Who selects him ?

The Head coach impacts the performance on the field. It's why they are there - it's why they are so well paid.

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

I don't understand how we've gone from being so good to so bad, even with grealish we were pretty poor just before he got injured 

The number of points on the board, followed by corona, followed by no longer giving a **** 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We have zero creativity without Grealish.

My biggest concern is that the players aren’t up for this match. If you can’t get motivated for a derby match you don’t deserve to be in the team.

This is more than Grealish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Smith is learning his trade still and that’s costing us dear on occasion. Individual mistakes aside do we deserve to be winning this match thus far? Massively overachieved first half of the season, let down second part ... 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1