Breakaway League

Jareth

On 06/05/2021 at 10:14, VillaJ100 said:

The commentator for the match last night said along the lines of 'here we go, Madrid in the famous white kit known the world over... and chelsea in the equally as iconic blue'

I was like ffs pathetic

I think I might have thrown up there and then if I bothered to watch that shite.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Where's that from?

UEFA approves reintegration measures for nine clubs involved in the so-called ‘Super League’

In particular, each club:

• unreservedly acknowledges and accepts the binding nature of the UEFA Statutes
  • remains committed to and will participate in any UEFA Club Competitions each season for which that club qualifies on sporting merit
  • will rejoin the European Club Association, which is the only representative body for clubs that UEFA recognises
  • will take all steps within their power with a view to terminate their involvement in the company established to form and operate the Super League and cease any existing related legal actions
  • as a gesture of goodwill, and together with the other clubs, will make a donation totalling an aggregate of €15 million, to be used for the benefit of children, youth and grassroots football in local communities across Europe, including the UK
  • will be subject to the withholding of 5% of the revenues they would have received from UEFA club competitions for one season, which will be redistributed
  • agree to have substantial fines imposed if they seek to play in such an unauthorised competition (€100 million) or if they breach any other commitment they have entered into in the Club Commitment Declaration (€50 million)
  • will provide individual commitments to UEFA in which all the principles and values set out in the 2019 Memorandum of Understanding between UEFA and the European Club Association are accepted

Going forward, the clubs are fully committed to the new post-2024 Horizon reforms. At the clubs’ request, UEFA will ask and support that due consideration be given by their respective National Associations and National Leagues to the spirit, content and purpose of the commitments given by the clubs to UEFA.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0269-123871bd86ca-d9571aa78f72-1000--uefa-approves-reintegration-measures-for-nine-clubs-involved-in/

• Like 1

Wow. I had thought that these were the re-admission criteria and were separate to punishments, a sort of here's how we'll go forward together, the punishments due will be announced in due course.

This is weak as piss - it's pathetic.

Not surprised. 

Still think Uefa will be involved in the new ESL launched in a few years time. Proposed fines state unauthorised competition, not any competition. 

So each club have been punished roughly £800,000 and 5% of any money earned in a uefa competition this season 

Wow.

What a **** joke

Would love to see a boycott UEFA competitions campaign from anyone who doesn’t support one of those clubs. Actually, those who do and came out against their clubs joining the ESL are welcome too.

• Like 3

the clubs aren't even getting punished. glazer and kroenke have already said they'll pay the fines from their own pockets so FFP and club transfer funds remain untouched.

Â