Breakaway League

Jareth

Just now, tomsky_11 said:

Isn't the assumption here that 6th place qualifies for the EL because, as often happens, the FA Cup place passes to the league because the winners have already qualified? So actually Man Utd could finish 20th in league, win the FA cup and therefore be in the championship and and the CL group stages for the following season.

Yeah I said that in the ‘CL New Qualification Rules’ thread.  The tweet didn’t say it though, they seem to be inferring that Man U could get in whatever to get replies, that they didn’t even have to qualify for Europe (a click bait type tweet).

Your position above is correct, as bizarre as that seems (as long as they are the highest coefficient of the non-automatically qualifying teams ie if it was between them and Munich having bad seasons relying on this slot then Munich I assume have a higher coefficient so Man U would miss out.  Generally though Man U would have higher coefficient than almost all other teams in this position).

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I said that in the ‘CL New Qualification Rules’ thread.  The tweet didn’t say it though, they seem to be inferring that Man U could get in whatever to get replies, that they didn’t even have to qualify for Europe (a click bait type tweet).

Your position above is correct, as bizarre as that seems (as long as they are the highest coefficient of the non-automatically qualifying teams ie if it was between them and Munich having bad seasons relying on this slot then Munich I assume have a higher coefficient so Man U would miss out.  Generally though Man U would have higher coefficient than almost all other teams in this position).

Ha yep just picked up on that thread where I probably should have posted! Ditto the 8 qualifiers question that's just been raised there as well.

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sick of hearing the word pyramid, it just makes me think ponzi scheme, dodgy rich people at the top and the poor at the bottom, designed to be that way forever with no chance of it being levelled up.

When I hear pyramid, I think Egypt, I think you’re in DeNile 😂

• Haha 2

anyway, so when does the next iteration of the ESL start?  I assume they'll give it at least 12 months before coming out with a new watertight version?  One that does have promotion and relegation to it, but still where the 'founders' get virtually all the money.

I can't **** BELIEVE these Glazier words removed managed to write this:

"We continue to believe that European football needs to become more sustainable throughout the pyramid for the long-term. However, we fully accept that the Super League was not the right way to go about it."

What planet do they live on? The pyramid needs to become more sustainable? Bellends. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

"We continue to believe that European football needs to become more sustainable throughout the pyramid for the long-term. However, we fully accept that the Super League was not the right way to go about it."

What planet do they live on? The pyramid needs to become more sustainable? Bellends. 

Ah yes, but if you abolished relegation in the English game every club could plan accordingly and everything would magically be more sustainable.

It would be utter shit but that doesn’t matter. The important thing is that the financial future of Manchester United is secured.

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if this plan is brought to the table at some point, if it hasn’t already.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

So which one was the worst failed attempted coup of the year?

The European Super League or The Capitol Hill Storming.

Americans started both is bizarre

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

When I hear pyramid, I think Egypt, I think you’re in DeNile 😂

I think those pyramids were originally built by the original football leagues as a warning to how the rich and powerful f****d everything up when they started the 1st super league thousands of years ago, I've seen the hieroglyphs and everyone is painted in claret and blue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Is there a max number of teams that can qualify from one nation? I make it that 8 would be possible if no restrictions, in the unlikely scenario that CL and EL winners both finish outside top 4 and the two wild cards come from the same nation, plus the top 4.

Almost certainly not that many. Currently there is a maximum of 5 teams from the PL allowed in the CL per season, so if the CL and EL winners are both English teams finishing outside the top 4 then the 4th placed team in the PL actually goes into the EL. This would probably still apply, taking your max of 8 for the new CL down to 7, and the wildcards might have to come from different countries too (though I'm just guessing here, they haven't elaborated on that yet), taking it down to a max of 6 and 1 more than is currently allowed, which seems more reasonable.

Edited by fightoffyour

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

I think those pyramids were originally built by the original football leagues as a warning to how the rich and powerful f****d everything up when they started the 1st super league thousands of years ago, I've seen the hieroglyphs and everyone is painted in claret and blue.

The Sphinx really is the Lion on the Villa badge, it all makes sense now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sick of hearing the word pyramid, it just makes me think ponzi scheme, dodgy rich people at the top and the poor at the bottom, designed to be that way forever with no chance of it being levelled up.

Seminar GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

They are the ones with the massive **** debts!!! It's incredible hypocrisy. 

17 minutes ago, sne said:

So which one was the worst failed attempted coup of the year?

The European Super League or The Capitol Hill Storming.

Only one way to find out...............FIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT

image.jpeg.4b6df1604880569d13cb2f5dbf8402b2.jpeg

• Like 1

Â