Weekends Football 16/18 April

andykeenan

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

One of the most overrated players in living memory.

People still think he's some sort of world beater

I actually thought he was good second half. Had an assist, should have had another and was a constant problem. 

I don’t get this quad is off stuff. They haven’t won a single trophy yet this season. It’s not like they’d won three and fell at the final hurdle. The quad wasn’t even on yet and they’re out of the FA cup. Ridiculous preemptive overhype.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

With an extra man, no less. Honestly, it was a humiliating result.

Said it at the time and I stand by it...our worst performance since we got promoted 

22 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Said it at the time and I stand by it...our worst performance since we got promoted 

Forgotten about most of it but it wasn't that bad, we missed 2 or 3 really good chances and should have had a penalty, Sheffield being so shit exaggerates how bad a performance it was 

We lost but we shouldn't have done 

There's been games where we've lost and should have lost by more 

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

I actually thought he was good second half. Had an assist, should have had another and was a constant problem. 

It’s not that he’s not good. He’s obviously a decent player. He’s just not a world class player like a lot of people want him to be. 

Last summer there were all sorts of links to top clubs. He’s never going to be that sort of elite player 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s not that he’s not good. He’s obviously a decent player. He’s just not a world class player like a lot of people want him to be. 

Last summer there were all sorts of links to top clubs. He’s never going to be that sort of elite player 

No nowhere near. I'd like him in the Villa team though 

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's still a fair few wolves fans pointing at his stats for dribbling and successful take ons

All that does is emphasise how bad his footballing brain is, he's one of the top 5 players in europe for dribbling and beating his man yet where are his goal, assist and chance created stats? 

Him beating the full back for fun makes the rest of his game look even worse

I saw him score at the end vs Fulham but other than that the only other time I saw him was vs us where he looked uninterested verging on lazy and spurs where some of his decision making was outright bizarre including running ahead of Moutinho on a counter like he was a lead blocker in the NFL and more than once slowing a counter down so that the full back could catch him up meaning that his explosive acceleration could beat the fullback, like he didn't realise that the pass in to him had taken the fullback out of the game and there was no one to actually beat if he just looked up and played the ball... In the spurs game I also felt there was seemingly a reluctance from his team mates to give him the ball, he's not as involved as he should be considering what he's supposed to be, you look at us and we play "wheres Jack" in possession, Newcastle do the same with ASM, they don't do that with traore 

• Like 1

Brilliant listening to Alan Smith try to find a reason why the Fulham penalty shouldn’t have been awarded. He’s offside, which frame should they use to check it, Lemina made his mind up before the contact. Some good unbiased commentary right there.

Crazily tight offside calls for both sides going the opposite way in favour of Fulham vs Arsenal. It’s also crazy that we’re being conditioned these kinds of decisions now, when in reality the Arsenal one being offside is still complete nonsense. The Fulham one was rightly onside but the penalty itself was another very much bought foul.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually watching a bit of that, decent finish. He wants his Dortmund move!

He is good but we should try to sign the goalscorer for Dortmund instead. Would be expensive.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thomas Delaney would be decent actually, pretty physical midfielder who can also chip in with goals so fills two of the midfield voids.

I like him because he called out and wound up the British press for the bullshit of overhyping Sancho a few seasons ago when Dortmund played a game in England and Delaney said to leave him alone. After that every report for the game was motor mouth Delaney

Â