Weekends Football 16/18 April

andykeenan

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

The England teams needs to be built around Foden, Grealish and Mount. The likes of Rashford and Sterling have done nothing to warrant being in the team.

I think Sterling is the most overrated English player in the last 10 years, his stats and positioning are good but he isnt really an effective player. He hasnt scored for England in 4 tournaments he has played and if honest he is always going to miss 3/4 chances a game before he scores

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

With an extra man, no less. Honestly, it was a humiliating result.

At the time I suspected it was the end of our european hopes. Now it might actually be the difference between finishing top half or not.

Wolves 3 points off us if they hold on to win although I suspect they won't win many more between now and end of the season as they're running out of players.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

With an extra man, no less. Honestly, it was a humiliating result.

It was bad but it was a different team, they were still fighting under Wilder. They have completely given up under the new management now like Derby or us when went down

• Like 1

Koeman's actually done a really good job for Barca imo. Comfortable top 4 finish and can still win the league and adding a cup.

Considering what he inherited that's way better than I expected, still miles off challenging for CL but that's been years in the making.

Watch them sack him and think Xavi will just turn them back into Barca 2009 overnight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Koeman's actually done a really good job for Barca imo. Comfortable top 4 finish and can still win the league and adding a cup.

Considering what he inherited that's way better than I expected, still miles off challenging for CL but that's been years in the making.

Watch them sack him and think Xavi will just turn them back into Barca 2009 overnight.

I dont know, he has done OK. People overreacted after the Bayern game but they still have Messi, Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele and some promising kids. Thats quite a lethal attack, one of best in world football still. Not like he is managing Wolves or Southampton

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont know, he has done OK. People overreacted after the Bayern game but they still have Messi, Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele and some promising kids. Thats quite a lethal attack, one of best in world football still. Not like he is managing Wolves or Southampton

I think he's done much better than Valverde who won them a league or two but had such a rigid formation that was constantly failing in CL and he didn't have a clue how to fit in the other attackers around Messi so Coutinho got loaned out for a start.

Koeman also had Dembele and Ansu Fati out for long spells injured this season. I like how he's trusted some of the young players aswell, Pedri Sanchez been a regular starter in cm at 18 years old and likes of Mingueza and Dest started a fair amount, Valverde would still be starting likes of Sergei Roberto and Vidal.

Add in how demotivated Messi was at start of the season and he's been coaxed back a bit as the season has gone on and stepped up.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think he's done much better than Valverde who won them a league or two but had such a rigid formation that was constantly failing in CL and he didn't have a clue how to fit in the other attackers around Messi so Coutinho got loaned out for a start.

Koeman also had Dembele and Ansu Fati out for long spells injured this season. I like how he's trusted some of the young players aswell, Pedri Sanchez been a regular starter in cm at 18 years old and likes of Mingueza and Dest started a fair amount, Valverde would still be starting likes of Sergei Roberto and Vidal.

Add in how demotivated Messi was at start of the season and he's been coaxed back a bit as the season has gone on and stepped up.

I think Valverde was set up to fail, Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol had either just retired or were retiring and the club went on a shitty spending spree of players he didnt need. He won 2 titles still

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

Adama is all show no substance.

One of the most overrated players in living memory.

People still think he's some sort of world beater

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think its because he is a brilliant YouTube reel player but I think fans of clubs he has played for have an idea what he is like. I always laugh at the suggestion Liverpool wanted to sign him last summer :D 

If he signs for a top 6 team I might actually give up on football :D  

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Every game we play them, the pregame is full of “Adama will tear /fullback/ apart😂

Edited by a m ole

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Every game we play them, the pregame is full of “Adama will tear /fullback/ apart😂

He will destroy Targett apparently was the story the last games. If Traore had a bit of footballing talent he would probably be the best winger in the world

Â