Weekends Football 16/18 April

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Newcastle aren't going down, hopefully West Ham don't get any europe let alone CL

No no no no no no no!

I want West Ham finishing fourth, Everton fifth and Southampton winning the FA Cup.

That would keep Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal completely out of European football next season.

Are you going to go into 2021-22 as a Villa fan thinking - I really hope we can finish above West Ham and Newcastle this season - that'll be a true measure of our progress?

Of course not. I'm not saying those clubs aren't more than capable of competing with us, but our aim has to be get in amongst the top seven, that's the only way to progress and for me, taking £60m out of the budget of Spurs and Liverpool next season, putting them in a position where their best players want to leave, that's a massive, massive win.

If we're going to break the cartel - it'd be nice if we weren't cheering for the cartel!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Sky commentator already did that earlier. Said how Bruce and Moyes have over 2000 games between them managing PL clubs yet some fans still say that they don’t know what they’re doing.

Let’s just give him a free pass because he’s experienced.

Bruce has the lowest win rate of any manager with over 200 games doesn't he? 

So him knowing what he's doing doesn't mean that he's very good at it 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

I really want to agree with you OBE, believe me I've tried, but I just can't bring myself to root for West Ham.

I was all for west ham never ever winning another game ever, hateful scumbag club, however, since it was pointed put how despicable the skyscum6 really are and how jealous I am of Villa not being part of the elite, I really am now rooting for them to fail.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

No no no no no no no!

I want West Ham finishing fourth, Everton fifth and Southampton winning the FA Cup.

That would keep Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal completely out of European football next season.

Are you going to go into 2021-22 as a Villa fan thinking - I really hope we can finish above West Ham and Newcastle this season - that'll be a true measure of our progress?

Of course not. I'm not saying those clubs aren't more than capable of competing with us, but our aim has to be get in amongst the top seven, that's the only way to progress and for me, taking £60m out of the budget of Spurs and Liverpool next season, putting them in a position where their best players want to leave, that's a massive, massive win.

If we're going to break the cartel - it'd be nice if we weren't cheering for the cartel!

The cartel won't be broken, Arsenal and spurs will continue to **** themselves up, arsenal in particular, no matter what happens Liverpool will be back

West ham don't need the CL boost, let them fall short and then let the fans back in and see how happy they are about it, would rather West ham and Everton did nothing and stagnated 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The cartel won't be broken, Arsenal and spurs will continue to **** themselves up, arsenal in particular, no matter what happens Liverpool will be back

Well, let's hope you're wrong - because otherwise we're not getting back into Europe, pretty much ever. I'm happy with any result that increases our chances of qualifying for Europe in the future - including wins for West Ham and Everton in the next few weeks.

Also, just as an aside, Arsenal aren't quite as ****ed up as people seem to think, it wouldn't be too surprising to see them finish above Spurs and they're still in with a chance of Champions League qualification through the Europa league.

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Steve Bruce with the perfect timing for his 1 in 10 game can't sack him decent performance 

Newcastle aren't going down, hopefully West Ham don't get any europe let alone CL

Europa would be fine for me, West Ham back down to 12th-13th next season as they lose so many games on the Sunday straight after europa.

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No no no no no no no!

Alternatively no europe means they can put all their efforts into just league for first half of the season so less rotation, fatigue injuries etc.

Chelsea finishing 10th and not in any european competition for 16-17 season just meant they won the league comfortably the next season.

Liverpool also went from about 8th in 12/13 to 2nd in 13/14.

We just need to have first 11 capable of getting 60 points in a season and we will be very close. Currently it's only really capable of 50 points as last two months have shown so we're a little short still.

Edited by VillaChris

Watch him do something now... 

This game is why Lingard isn't good enough for England, Newcastle standing off him letting him play challenging him to do something and he doesn't have the answer

He's getting the ball in some really good areas in absolute acres and then wasting it, not creating any chances, not really committing or taking people on either, mostly just aimless poor crosses in to the mixer 

Can’t bring myself to wish any level of success for West Ham regardless of whether it may be beneficial for us.

Whenever I’ve had the displeasure of coming across their fans they have seemed to go out of their way to live up to the stereotype and be a special kind of arsehole.

• Like 2

What the hell has happened to Benrahama btw? Seems he was starting to get some serious minutes two months back but barely seen him since despite them having injuries upfront.

Are they obliged to sign him or can they still send him back to Brentford?

I wasn't hugely convinced when we were linked over last 18 months although perhaps could've done with that type in our squad to fill thr Grealish void but think it's way optimistic to think that sort of signing can turn us into top 6 contenders, need to be more looking at Saint Maximn calibre player imo.

That's a joke, clarks arm is on top of the guys head, his head pushes his arm upwards resulting in the tiniest of contact as Clark is also being headed in the face by Soucek 

Edit - they deserve it for being so shit in the 2nd half though 

Edited by villa4europe

Â