Season Tickets 2021/2

turvontour

Is the £30ish annual membership not a thing now? Has anybody heard anything about that option? I can’t get to enough games to warrant a season ticket, but try and get up to 3 or 4 games a season with my Dad who is a pensioner these days. He is still keen to get up to games while he is still fit and healthy.

The membership allowed a better chance of getting tickets, so I am just wondering what the chances are of getting individual tickets next season on a game by game basis?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I'm on the wait list. Got no idea how many are on it or how far down the list I am. I think we have 32,000 ST holders? Last I heard waitlist was over 10k long, I'd have thought most would renew, who wouldn't now?

Villa are playing hardball with season ticket holders myself and my mates have had 12 over the past few seasons.  Family tickets 2 adults 2 kids x 3.   One of the kids since we have last held season tickets due to covid is now 19 and is now off to Uni for 3 years.  Villa will not let us change the name on the ticket for another kid so instead of a family we now have to lose that ticket and pay the individual price!  I get there is a waiting list and so on but that was not the case when we were shit!

Anyway that is 1 ticket that will be up for grabs!

Edited by S-Platt

17 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Villa are playing hardball with season ticket holders myself and my mates have had 12 over the past few seasons.  Family tickets 2 adults 2 kids x 3.   One of the kids since we have last held season tickets due to covid is now 19 and is now off to Uni for 3 years.  Villa will not let us change the name on the ticket for another kid so instead of a family we now have to lose that ticket and pay the individual price!  I get there is a waiting list and so on but that was not the case when we were shit!

That’s shit of them 

45 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Unless they decide to put our pics on I don’t know how they will check who is using it, as the game against chelsea no one checked our paper tickets to see if it was our picture on them

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Unless they decide to put our pics on I don’t know how they will check who is using it, as the game against chelsea no one checked our paper tickets to see if it was our picture on them

I know it's worth the risk but it's random that it goes from £740 to £960 just because they will not change 1 ticket.

So a family ticket breaks down to £300 per adult and £70 for u18.  No family season ticket means it's £370 for an adult £70 for the u18 and £150 for the U21.

Frustrating I get there is a waiting list but there are friends of other kids that would love to come but we are not allowed to change!

It's still cheap as chips but that's not the point!

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

Is the £30ish annual membership not a thing now? Has anybody heard anything about that option? I can’t get to enough games to warrant a season ticket, but try and get up to 3 or 4 games a season with my Dad who is a pensioner these days. He is still keen to get up to games while he is still fit and healthy.

The membership allowed a better chance of getting tickets, so I am just wondering what the chances are of getting individual tickets next season on a game by game basis?

If we reach 30K again then minus the away allocation that's about 8 to 9,000 tickets for sale for every league game. Pre lockdown( if anyone can remember that far back) we were selling out virtually every home game and were on course to average well over 40,000 per game. We have only done that once since the 1940s in MON's second season.

It is still a bit of a novelty in the fact that it is hard to get tickets to watch Villa play at home. For years bar the blues and a few glamour or important matches you could turn up at Villa Park on the day and buy a ticket with no problems.

11 hours ago, S-Platt said:

I know it's worth the risk but it's random that it goes from £740 to £960 just because they will not change 1 ticket.

So a family ticket breaks down to £300 per adult and £70 for u18.  No family season ticket means it's £370 for an adult £70 for the u18 and £150 for the U21.

Frustrating I get there is a waiting list but there are friends of other kids that would love to come but we are not allowed to change!

It's still cheap as chips but that's not the point!

It's a family ticket, and this other child is not a family member? It's kinda strange that you expect the club to treat them as if they are? 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's a family ticket, and this other child is not a family member? It's kinda strange that you expect the club to treat them as if they are? 

Kids of parents are different ages some have one others have more?  If it's 2 adults 2 kids and 1 goes away to uni and another kid in the group is old enough to come and sit for 90 mins then why not?  This is 6 adults and 6 kids.

32 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Kids of parents are different ages some have one others have more?  If it's 2 adults 2 kids and 1 goes away to uni and another kid in the group is old enough to come and sit for 90 mins then why not?  This is 6 adults and 6 kids.

So the new child IS part of the family? In which case, fair enough. 

I can see the clubs point of view on that one - if you've got a fan that's been on a waiting list for three years, you'd want to give that fan the chance to get a season ticket over one that only has the opportunity because they're related to an existing season ticket holder. 

It's a very interesting situation in that for the kid going to Uni for three years, if he gives up his season ticket and joins the waiting list for a new one on the same day, the chances are he won't be through the waiting list by the time he returns from University in three years time - he's potentially giving up the opportunity to have a season ticket when he gets back from uni.

I haven't seen anything the club is doing that would prevent you simply renewing the ticket in the name of the kid going to uni, letting the other kid sit in the seat for three years and then giving it back to kid A when he's got his degree. It would be dishonest on your behalf, and the club would be very unhappy with it, but these things are gold dust.

15 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Villa are playing hardball with season ticket holders myself and my mates have had 12 over the past few seasons.  Family tickets 2 adults 2 kids x 3.   One of the kids since we have last held season tickets due to covid is now 19 and is now off to Uni for 3 years. 

I'm not really up on the rules on family season tickets (didn't realise they were a thing) but if the kid is 19 now, surely he'd be an adult on the ticket - for match tickets I think you stop being a kid once you turn fourteen?

18 hours ago, NeilS said:

I think the club have already said that they will continue the membership scheme into next season - they just aren't on sale yet. I'd assume that's so that the people on the waiting list who will get the opportunity to buy a season ticket this year once the renewals period closes won't have also already bought a membership. I'd expect the memberships to go on sale in July at some point.

I think with a membership you'll be able to. Season ticket holders tend to dominate certain areas of the ground, so I found that when I was taking my nephew, who is a cub member, I'd usually have to swap my season ticket for a place in the Upper Trinity as it was the only space with two seats together. 

On a game by game basis, with 30,000 season ticket holders, 2,500 away fans, club/media/sponsorship taking several hundred and the capacity very slightly reduced, we're probably looking at selling about 8,000-8,500 tickets per game - we had more than 20,000 member last year, and with both members and season ticket holders getting the opportunity to buy single game tickets first, if demand holds, I would think it'll be unlikely any game goes to general sale next season.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

…I haven't seen anything the club is doing that would prevent you simply renewing the ticket in the name of the kid going to uni, letting the other kid sit in the seat for three years and then giving it back to kid A when he's got his degree. It would be dishonest on your behalf, and the club would be very unhappy with it, but these things are gold dust.

My manager is a Man City season ticket holder in exactly the same situation as @S-Platt and City, though they have the same theoretical rules as us on it, basically let him do as you say with a nod and a wink. They weren’t unhappy, they were cool with it privately. I suppose they have more room.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the club have already said that they will continue the membership scheme into next season - they just aren't on sale yet. I'd assume that's so that the people on the waiting list who will get the opportunity to buy a season ticket this year once the renewals period closes won't have also already bought a membership. I'd expect the memberships to go on sale in July at some point.

I think with a membership you'll be able to. Season ticket holders tend to dominate certain areas of the ground, so I found that when I was taking my nephew, who is a cub member, I'd usually have to swap my season ticket for a place in the Upper Trinity as it was the only space with two seats together. 

On a game by game basis, with 30,000 season ticket holders, 2,500 away fans, club/media/sponsorship taking several hundred and the capacity very slightly reduced, we're probably looking at selling about 8,000-8,500 tickets per game - we had more than 20,000 member last year, and with both members and season ticket holders getting the opportunity to buy single game tickets first, if demand holds, I would think it'll be unlikely any game goes to general sale next season.

Perhaps one of the arguments to expand VP in that it would open up more areas for multiple seats for season tickets?

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Perhaps one of the arguments to expand VP in that it would open up more areas for multiple seats for season tickets?

Absolutely the driver for expanding Villa Park is to increase the amount of season ticket availability - the problem at the moment is that demand is so extraordinary that you can't meet it just by expanding the North Stand - it wouldn't be possible to build a North Stand big enough to clear the waiting list.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely the driver for expanding Villa Park is to increase the amount of season ticket availability - the problem at the moment is that demand is so extraordinary that you can't meet it juts by expanding the North Stand - it wouldn't be possible to build a North Stand big enough to clear the waiting list.

And the eternal dilemma that to expand and meet demand, you have to have a significant period of closing areas of the stadium and reducing supply while the work is done.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And the eternal dilemma that to expand and meet demand, you have to have a significant period of closing areas of the stadium and reducing supply while the work is done.

Yes, it's a shame we couldn't have done something in the last 18 months but these things take time. 

Fortunately the North Stand holds surprisingly few people for the size of it.  We could probably cater for all those season ticket holders in other parts of the ground during any development. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, it's a shame we couldn't have done something in the last 18 months but these things take time. 

Fortunately the North Stand holds surprisingly few people for the size of it.  We could probably cater for all those season ticket holders in other parts of the ground during any development. 

33k season tickets, £1500 floating tickets and £1500 reduced away fans for the duration of the work

57 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely the driver for expanding Villa Park is to increase the amount of season ticket availability - the problem at the moment is that demand is so extraordinary that you can't meet it just by expanding the North Stand - it wouldn't be possible to build a North Stand big enough to clear the waiting list.

Yes- but not everyone on the waiting list may now want a season ticket.

I guess a 50,000 plus Villa Park could accommodate about 35,000 season ticket holders as an educated guess?

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It would be a short term pain in the arse but other clubs have done it. White Hart Lane capacity was 32,000 in its last season as its corner had been sliced off.