Season Tickets 2021/2

turvontour

18 hours ago, brommy said:

After having a ST for a few years standing in the Holte End (remember tearing out a paper ticket from the book?), the wife and I have also been in the same seats since the current Holte End was built. It was great there was a spare seat next to our two when our 7 year old son got his first of now 17 consecutive season tickets. Time flies by!

Either in Claret and blue plastic with the crest on the front. Still got a load of mine for some reason

• Like 3

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Renewed yesterday. Will be my 33rd year, obviously would have been 34th had it not been for covid. I can't wait to get back. 

congratulations.....be funny if the crowd clapped you in on the first match back.....like they ring the bell at the condominium sales.

I've had a few breaks Mark, but must be up there, somewhere.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Will be my 6th straight and at some point I’ll start to feel as if I belong. Can’t wait. 

So your first season was the one we got relegated for first time ever in Prem era and the best top flight season we've had in over a decade you weren't allowed to have one due to covid? any chance you can reconsider Dave as I've got a bad feeling about you being there 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

The world was a better place and a lot easier and cheaper when your Dad could give the bloke on the gate 50p and lift you over the turnstile  

Or you were small enough to crawl underneath the turnstile in the Trinity Rd😂

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The world was a better place and a lot easier and cheaper when your Dad could give the bloke on the gate 50p and lift you over the turnstile  

Bit different now with ID photos, covid declarations, hand face space etc.

Jumpers for goalposts isn't it.

46 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bit different now with ID photos, covid declarations, hand face space etc.

Jumpers for goalposts isn't it.

I still miss standing in the Holte.  Being a left sided and the banter across the sides, scoring goal celebrations...I loved it.  Sitting in the Holte isn’t the same, I still love it but I miss standing in the old days.  I know all the reasons why we changed but I still miss it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I still miss standing in the Holte.  Being a left sided and the banter across the sides, scoring goal celebrations...I loved it.  Sitting in the Holte isn’t the same, I still love it but I miss standing in the old days.  I know all the reasons why we changed but I still miss it.

I really miss the old Holte, I feel like I was brought up on it, nothing quite like it when it was in full voice, wonderful wonderful sight

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

I really miss the old Holte, I feel like I was brought up on it, nothing quite like it when it was in full voice, wonderful wonderful sight

Yeah, getting there at 1pm, 2 hours before the game, chanting, banter and just loving it.  I agree, I was brought up on it, some of the best memories of my youth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I miss wide players beating full backs. This farting about back and forth side to side - is that what football has become ?

• Like 2

I really miss Boxing Day games back in the standing days. There would be mince pies and sausage rolls being passed as well as loads of hip flasks. There were blokes in daft Christmas jumpers before they became a thing and they’d be getting slaughtered by their  mates. 😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I really miss Boxing Day games back in the standing days. There would be mince pies and sausage rolls being passed as well as loads of hip flasks. There were blokes in daft Christmas jumpers before they became a thing and they’d be getting slaughtered by their  mates. 😂

Brilliant. 

That noise, the freezing cold, voice gone at the end, glorious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

And the odd attempt to scale a floodlight (Leeds one Boxing Day) 

• Haha 2