Season Tickets 2021/2

turvontour

9 hours ago, 5-1 said:

I do think these waiting list numbers would have a lot of people who have no intention of actually buying one so the overall number is inflated.

Correct. Same as at every club. The last season with fans we weren't always selling out but we're close, on most occasions we went to general sale. 

Imagine that a bit more success brings a few more fans but maybe offset by people concerned about return to crowds or financially stretched. 

I'm imagining not all 30k will renew and STs will be available to most who want one.

Was on the waiting list last year so hopefully I'm able to get the chance to buy one this time round. Would've had one back in the championship times as I went to plenty of games but working in retail at the time meant it wasn't really possible due to working on game days. Same as last year, but just my luck my shifts had changed to allow me to go to games more often just after the STs sold out.

But with my new job I'll be able to go easily. Fingers crossed..

13 hours ago, 5-1 said:

I do think these waiting list numbers would have a lot of people who have no intention of actually buying one so the overall number is inflated.

Yep definitely,  but if we make a conservative estimate of say 12,000 people on the list this summer and then we add in a bigger turnover of seats for next season following the big gap of say three thousand, followed by fifteen hundred a year thereafter - then even if only two thirds of the people on the list actually decide to take up the offer to buy tickets, then the back of that list isn't getting the opportunity to get a seat until the summer of 2025 - and that's if the list stays closed at the end of the summer and the club doesn't start redevelopment of the stadium before then.

4 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

The last season with fans we weren't always selling out but we're close, on most occasions we went to general sale. 

The first half of 2019-20, all thirteen of our home games as good as sold out (there were empty seats in the away ends and then really small numbers of empty seats returned in the final days leading up to games) we were maybe a dozen seats off full houses in home areas and from memory, I'm not sure many, if any of them went to general sale. 

The effect of the pandemic seems to have actually driven demand up, not down. I know that seems counter intuitive, but the weight of people who have missed doing things and getting out seems to be larger than the group that have been either financially disadvantaged or have made the social decision that they don't want to be in crowds. It's the same effect that we saw after both world wars, where English football had it's periods with the highest attendances.

30k season ticket holders and a waiting list well in excess of 10k along with membership numbers that were up to 24k prior to the pandemic make general sale a very limited proposition.

We have 3,000 away seats, which means for the coming season with a very slightly reduced capacity following the improvements to our disabled access, we'll be selling about 39,000 seats for each home game, that's 9,000 once season tickets have been accounted for - you can take a chunk of those out that the club keeps for players, sponsors, the TV folks and so on, so you're looking at about 8,500 seats at the very most on sale for each game - if the membership numbers hold up, then you're looking at two thirds of the members having to turn a ticket down before games go onto general sale.

Post pandemic there are still a lot of question marks, but on current evidence, the demand for tickets to see us play is unprecedented.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The first half of 2019-20, all thirteen of our home games as good as sold out (there were empty seats in the away ends and then really small numbers of empty seats returned in the final days leading up to games) we were maybe a dozen seats off full houses in home areas and from memory, I'm not sure many, if any of them went to general sale. 

The effect of the pandemic seems to have actually driven demand up, not down. I know that seems counter intuitive, but the weight of people who have missed doing things and getting out seems to be larger than the group that have been either financially disadvantaged or have made the social decision that they don't want to be in crowds. It's the same effect that we saw after both world wars, where English football had it's periods with the highest attendances.

30k season ticket holders and a waiting list well in excess of 10k along with membership numbers that were up to 24k prior to the pandemic make general sale a very limited proposition.

We have 3,000 away seats, which means for the coming season with a very slightly reduced capacity following the improvements to our disabled access, we'll be selling about 39,000 seats for each home game, that's 9,000 once season tickets have been accounted for - you can take a chunk of those out that the club keeps for players, sponsors, the TV folks and so on, so you're looking at about 8,500 seats at the very most on sale for each game - if the membership numbers hold up, then you're looking at two thirds of the members having to turn a ticket down before games go onto general sale.

Post pandemic there are still a lot of question marks, but on current evidence, the demand for tickets to see us play is unprecedented.

At the moment you only hear upside though. There will definitely be some of the 30k that don't renew and for many the financial situation will be tricky.

Assuming that the club cap ST sales at 30k again then I think you'll see a similar position to before. When we head into colder months and people have to decided whether they want to spend money to watch a game available on sky sports.

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Assuming that the club cap ST sales at 30k again then I think you'll see a similar position to before. When we head into colder months and people have to decided whether they want to spend money to watch a game available on sky sports.

I'm not sure that happened last time out though, we had six fames through the winter period (Dec 2019-Feb 2020) and all of them were a gnats knacker from having completely full home areas. Our average in the thirteen home games we had in 2019-20 was 41,660 - that's from around 42,050 tickets available - we were on for our highest average attendance in living memory. 

Some people will decide to stay home and watch the TV, some will decide to go to the game, recent precedent suggest there will be more that want to go to the game than there are seats available to them.

• Like 1

Thinking about it the biggest sector affected by the Pandemic is the retail, leisure and entertainment business. Most other jobs have carried on relatively unscathed. 

Due to the very nature of those businesses I wouldn't actually expect many season ticket holders to work in them as it would be difficult to guarantee getting to many games, so I don't see we'll lose too many renewals due to financial circumstances.  Obviously some families where the other partner works in those industries may have been affected but I just don't see it as a very major factor. 

On 05/06/2021 at 13:09, limpid said:

Despite the fact that I've lost almost all interest in football due to rule changes and fake crowds, I've renewed.

I hope this is a good decision.

I have a sneaky feeling it will turn out an  excellent decision. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

I have a sneaky feeling it will turn out an  excellent decision. 

My worry is unrelated to Villa. I don't know if I care about football any more.

11 minutes ago, limpid said:

My worry is unrelated to Villa. I don't know if I care about football any more.

One hell of a lot of things more important in the bigger picture, whatever it is I hope it sorts itself out if it can

To be frank this is what our demand should be now that we are actually a well run premier league club. We are the only top flight club in a city with over 1 million people in it, plus all the surrounding areas. Yes I know Wolves are also top flight but their support base is more black country, and  staffs/shropshire.

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Anyone know when first game of premier league season will be this year?

14th Aug

They delayed it a week from normal according to reports

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Cheers. Not much break for the euros players, if england go far.

I agree but with Southgate in charge we won’t be going far despite the talent in the squad.

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Renewed.  The lad has moved up to the under 21 category now so that's cost a packet more 😔

Been a season ticket holder since the new Holte was built, same seat.  Christ, that'll be 27 years then

doctor who house GIF

After having a ST for a few years standing in the Holte End (remember tearing out a paper ticket from the book?), the wife and I have also been in the same seats since the current Holte End was built. It was great there was a spare seat next to our two when our 7 year old son got his first of now 17 consecutive season tickets. Time flies by!

• Like 3