Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Just now, MaVilla said:

Davis on for Traore or Trez i think.....

need some muscle.

This is a physical game and we do need some Bullys on the pitch, Davis will be on..

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Totally bonkers decision but we've had a few go against us so don't care. I'm sure the scousers will use it as a reason to set fire to summat instead of blaming Jack for diving.

Bloody love Villa

tbf it would have been hard to blame a diving Jack since he isn't playing. I'm sure they'd try it anyways.

Not sure how we approach the second half.   Need to keep the ball a lot better, but can’t just sit back and keep defending.

Need to almost go for the second goal, if it’s 1-0 with 80 mins gone, you know Liverpool will score at the end as we tire.

• Like 2

These lot need shaking and telling that they aren't as shit as they seem to think they are (though granted they're still not great by any means). I understand being pragmatic and the ends may well justify the means at full time but we're willingly giving them the ball back in situations we don't need to. There's a lot to be said for maintaining a bit of possession even to relieve the pressure when playing for a 1-0. Weird game all the same, Liverpool are incredibly off despite still showing their quality in flashes.

Delighted for Watkins, think he's been brilliant thus far despite not having much to work with.

Just now, villanmac said:

That Traore thing when he says ah **** it and blasts the ball across our box blind - i'd hope that is taken down as a coaching point next week.

It's not the first time he has done that either. We've been well under par but I think he has been the worst of the lot...

The biggest bullshit of all is this change of phase nonsense about if Matty Cash had got a foot on the cross it cancels the offside.  What crap is that? 

The offside took place before that, if they were offside they would never have got to that point. It's like playing an advantage to team who commits a foul. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2