Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

The player should not be able to overrule the medical team, very strange interactions there.

From what comms said it wasn't going to be a concussion sub either way. No idea if the decision is on our medical team or the ref.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Who would we replace him with though? 

£30m+ CB, I'm not sure who that is, don't think he's English cos there aren't many top ones knocking about right now

I’m not making a specific recommendation or anything like that. It isn’t even a priority to change him. I’m just saying if the opportunity comes along of someone paying 40 million for example, take it without question

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yep. I'm still not convinced he's a premier league player.

I think the likes of Burnley would suit him more. We need better 

There’s definitely a decent player there, I’m just not 100% sure what his role is. I thought he was a goal getter, but I don’t think he has scored a premier league goal for us this season? Is he just an engine for the midfield? I’m not sure. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not too unhappy with this opening - Liverpool have been at our end a lot, but they look weak at the back and we're well in this game.

I think you're easily pleased. We're fortunate not to be losing. We've hardly kept the ball at all. I don't mind if we lose to better teams if we do our stuff but so far its been a frustrating watch IMO. The only positive is it's 0-0.

I'm not writing the game off either, they are vulnerable at the back.

Really wish Davis was our focal point.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Our midfield 3 is a real bottom half/relegation battle level IMO.

Yeah it's definitely the weak link, and the wingers aren't much better. I have a lot of time for Watkins, and our defence is good, but we really need to strengthen midfield significantly if we want to push on next year. Without Grealish, their inadequacies are being laid bare.

• Like 1