• El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Trezeguet (El Ghazi 62)
    • Davis (Sanson 67)
    • Ramsey (Luiz 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/21 at 22:59

The lads decided to keep their energy and fitness levels high and just turn up for a 20 minute kickabout, roll Fulham over and go home. Job done 😂

I genuinely have no idea how we've won that 3-1, it's not even as if Fulham were really good they were just ever so slightly better than us who for 70 minutes were absolute dog shit. 

We all love to fume about subs on this place as well so well done to Deano with the Trez and Davis introductions, they were game changers. 

Davis direct running when they had the ball, trez being at the far post and watkins not having 3 defenders on him.

Our front 3 NEED to all work hard, traore just doesn't and today elghazi didn't. That left watkins nothing.

The formation changed to loose 4 4 2 and all of a sudden we started shooting.

Deano needs to realise 4 3 3 with no jack doesn't work.

Tripe game for 70 odd minutes then the slow ponderous laboured play stopped as the quicker high ball was an option with davis on the pitch.

We should be changing things more often if we aren't firing on all cylinders.

First 70 minutes was a solid 5 out of ten.

Last 20 minutes 8 out of ten.

Mings ? I hope his brain fart days were over... another classic today. Doh.

• Like 1

Fulham set up well, dare I say they're doing a Villa (from last season). We really lack someone who can carry the ball forwards.  To be fair I think Traore did spark us up a bit in the second half, even if he was frustrating as usual, and the subs won it for us.  While we were shit I think we wouldn't have deserved a loss anyway.

13 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

At 75 minutes...

gs9tKMg.gif

At 90 minutes

SadMilkyAnglerfish-size_restricted.gif

This character is perfect for VT...whenever Deano hasn't made a sub yet:

QUIT STALLING, WHAT'S THE PLAN?!?!

Edited by a-k
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

So 75 mins farting about with sideways and backwards passes at walking pace. Followed by 15 mins of pace, direct, players going past full backs. hope the coaching staff get the irony.

I'm struggling to get the irony. 

The urgency we finally played with was refreshing after that dross served up prior

Amazing how often in the match thread you slate a player then they do something. I said Trez really should be working at a hotdog stand somewhere then he did just what he did this time last season. 

Mings so stupid and he knew it, made up for it with an assist. Keinan was brilliant, been crying out for that from him, brilliant assist as was Berts.

Pleased for the fans, a meltdown was coming I could feel it. 

Jack to return in time for our favourite opponent, and we finally win from behind! 

Well done to everyone on VT for keeping their cool today.

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

excellent last 20 minutes, but that shouldnt take away from how shocking we were for most of the game.

That’s a huge exaggeration. We were average at worst and in no trouble until Mings error.

Without Grealish we lack creativity - we all know that. We are a work in progress and will push on again this close season

• Like 2

Fulham blew that one and we only turned on when the fear of losing disappeared......because we was losing. Suddenly  players started to give it 100% effort and more importantly tried to perform at the top of their abilities.  Bert was dreadful for large parts of that game but was unplayable for the final 15 minutes. Mings became a driven captain when he knew a loss was down to him. 

The one thing this team needs is a bigger pair of bollox and an attitude  of **** it I'm going for this as I have nothing to lose mentality.  

• Like 2

We knock Smith for subs but he nailed that today. The three of them did more than the other 11 players put together.

Edit: that sounds grumpier than I meant it! Just really pleased for all three subs.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â