• El Ghazi
    • Watkins
    • Trezeguet (El Ghazi 62)
    • Davis (Sanson 67)
    • Ramsey (Luiz 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/21 at 22:59

I'm pleased we won, as I always am. I don't rate Trez but he made a difference when he came on, AEG was awful once again. Ramsey added energy to a ponderous team and Davis did well. 

But we didn't have a shot on target until over an hour into the game, similar to Spurs, and the defending for the goal was half arsed and could easily have been avoided. We didn't start playing until 1-0 down. 

So a decent, well overdue win in the end, but ultimately we were rubbish for 75% of that game. Still a lot of concern for me, but maybe that final 12 minutes will give the team a kick up the arse for the rest of the season.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

The response after gifting that shocker to Mitrovic was really encouraging. Before that wasn’t awful but we lacked a bit of bite still. Big, big thumbs up Keinan and Trez for the part they played in this, and I never want to hear a word about Deano and subs again 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Think the substitutes showed the aggression we were missing in the team.

Trez for all his crazyness gets in goalscoring positions and gets stuck in.

Ramsey was combative and Kienan created a goal by closing down and winning the ball.

UTV - definitely safe now!

i agree with this, Davis for all his comical goal scoring drought, he adds something in terms of physicality and he's actually pretty decent on the ball.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I dont understand!

That was one of the most bizarre games I've watched for ages.

Awful for 75 minutes and then Trez becomes a superstar attacker and scores two,  Davis brushes people off and puts in a quality cross and Traore whose been so out of form, jinks and weaves in the box where we want him to and hasnt all season and then puts in a perfect cross that again he hasnt done all season.

Wham Bam 1-0 down to winning 3-1 in a crazy final 15 minutes.

I was fuming for most of the match but ecstatic now and I should and shouldnt be.  That first 75 minutes was soooo bad but geez did we make up for it. 

Great subs, great timing!

Maybe this is the break that will turn up onto a good run of form now, it's stupid situations and freak moments like this that does change form for teams.  Going from not having a shot on target to scoring 3 and looking like a team that can score....let's take that into the next match 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

What the hell happened there? We were absolutely awful for the vast majority of the game with a lack of creativity and ideas and then the game gets turned on it's head. Just goes to show the impact subs can have. Strange game. 

Back to basics instead of trying to be over clever.

Nothing worries defenders as much as pace - ask anyone who's played the game.

Beat a man, put a cross in , you shouldn't need a 2nd touch every time before you shoot.

Trez will get the headlines but Davis played great off the bench once again. It really helps having a big strong guy up front when your midfield is misfiring. Great subs from Smith and some good play from Ramsey too when the game was stretched.

Â