FCG Meeting 8th April - updated

OutByEaster?

All,

There's a (virtual) meeting between the club and the supporters group on 8th April, where we'd expect the club to be talking about the return of fans and about next season and potential season tickets.

It's also a chance for us to ask questions on anything that's happening with supporters at the moment that you feel the club can do something about, so if there's anything that's making you happy, or unhappy or curious or whatever the hell you are - please add a question below and we'll look to get it raised on your behalf.

Thank you!

We were asked to upload photos to the ticketing website in preparation for return to fans in the stadiums, and this would be a requirement in order to be able to attend this season. Will said photos be a requirement once the pandemic is effectively over i.e. next season?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

All,

There's a (virtual) meeting between the club and the supporters group on 8th April, where we'd expect the club to be talking about the return of fans and about next season and potential season tickets.

It's also a chance for us to ask questions on anything that's happening with supporters at the moment that you feel the club can do something about, so if there's anything that's making you happy, or unhappy or curious or whatever the hell you are - please add a question below and we'll look to get it raised on your behalf.

Thank you!

I can see some daft questions nobody wants to know the answers to being asked, there always is and they take up so much time that we never get to the nitty gritty of what most fans truly want to know.

Someone will ask something irrelevant and waste minutes of time lol. 

Most fans are going to want to know if the club have plans to make moves on a better calibre of player right?? Yet I feel as usual this will be avoided and we will circle around the important stuff.

Ill watch it see how it goes.

• Confused 1

Couple of things for me:

• Is there any consideration for not bringing fans back this season and going with a full Villa Park in August for our return (if allowed)? As a season ticket holder I would prefer this option, a) so that fans don't miss out if only 10,000 can go to the last game of the season and b) as the atmosphere on the first game back with a full house would be electric.
  • I echo @Demitri_C's comments on the training gear this season. Really great stuff available this year but no stock left; I would probably have spent £100+ on more of the training gear. Are the club aware that this is a revenue stream they are missing out on?
  • Could the club confirm if the U23 games being available on Villa TV will be ongoing. Would they be willing to offer a season pass at all? It's great to be able to watch them again.
  • Can we combine our vouchers from our season ticket refund and use them all against a new season ticket purchase for next season?

Cheers @OutByEaster?

Looking forward to being back at Villa Park!

• Like 3

Similar to others. The supply issue with training gear is really frustrating, I found it impossible to buy anything in a large. I dont mind saying that I resorted to a dodgy Chinese rip off as they actually had the sizes.

I understand all of the historic reasons but are we actually close to a resolution.

• Like 2

One of my group of season tickets is my mom whose cracking on a bit at 75.  She’s keen on coming back next season but has(before the pandemic started to miss a game here and there because of age).  With all the games being played this season on TV she has been delighted not to miss any games.  In a long winded way of putting it, with the success of all games being on TV this season, is there any thoughts of the same next season even if fans return to stadium?

I was never a fan of all games on TV but with my mom’s age and some of my friends not earning so much in the last year for various reasons and now being low on funds, I think it might be a good idea.  Just because people are getting the vaccine and life will slowly get back to some normality, a lot of fans will be impacted longer with debts so season tickets will go out window even with financing options.  

Just an option of some kind, to watch all Villa games somehow, like non-UK people have for years.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, wilko154 said:
  • Could the club confirm if the U23 games being available on Villa TV will be ongoing. Would they be willing to offer a season pass at all? It's great to be able to watch them again.

Good question, and (speaking personally only) I would like to congratulate the club on the efforts at sprucing up the Villa TV offering, and the coverage of the U23 games. Going from nothing at all to professional coverage with Rigo commentating is a huge step up. I don't really have any other question, just to say they appear from where I'm sitting to be doing a good job at upgrading a lot of stuff about the club.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2021 at 16:39, Demitri_C said:

Can you ask about the supplY issues with kits/training gear etc? Its just as poor as last year where there is nothing ever anything in stock just really plus sizes

Very much this 

Can we have more than 5 made in sizes M and L please 

Been rubbish for 2 years now, decent looking training gear, no stock 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Very much this 

Can we have more than 5 made in sizes M and L please 

Been rubbish for 2 years now, decent looking training gear, no stock 

As per the notes, Nicola Ibbetson was very aware that the availability had been an issue this season - she's committed to 'buying' three times as much training gear for next season for sale through the club, we should hopefully see that translate into better availability for people sized people.

• Like 1

thanks for sharing...i'm curious when the time comes regarding the chelsea game:

Fans can put their name in the hat and must apply with those they wish to sit next to.

so will the 'group' be in the ballot or the individuals? so if me and 4 mates apply together, is it an all or nothing situation?

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

When is the club content going to go back to youtube so I can actually be arsed to consume it on the app I use all the time....

Consuming content on an app. What has the world become?:D

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

When is the club content going to go back to youtube so I can actually be arsed to consume it on the app I use all the time....

The worst thing about highlights being on the app rather than YouTube is that there's no obvious "videos" or "match highlights" section on their app, you have to sort of figure out where it is by clicking on a bunch of things. If you want to find highlights of an older game it's pretty much  not going to happen. 

34 minutes ago, weedman said:

The worst thing about highlights being on the app rather than YouTube is that there's no obvious "videos" or "match highlights" section on their app, you have to sort of figure out where it is by clicking on a bunch of things. If you want to find highlights of an older game it's pretty much  not going to happen. 

It’s seems to be organized well on the website. I have not used the app

Â