Mesh Wi-Fi systems

juanpabloingram

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No idea what they are or what they do, recognised the picture. 

I’m an IT guy but I’m not a network guy but I can try :D

A usual router will take the service provided by your Service provider and turn it into the Wi-Fi signal, also giving it a name and a password (or not) for access. In a legacy system (not meshed) if you set up two routers in your house, you would have 2 different Wi-Fi networks with 2 names and 2 passwords both from the same SP. 

These work differently as they talk to one another, and if you’re wondering around the house, you’ll connect to the device closest or best suited to you but on one named Wi-Fi network. 

if you go to a corporate office and see huge network units on the ceiling (like Cisco) they work the same way but on a much larger scale. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I’m an IT guy but I’m not a network guy but I can try :D

A usual router will take the service provided by your Service provider and turn it into the Wi-Fi signal, also giving it a name and a password (or not) for access. In a legacy system (not meshed) if you set up two routers in your house, you would have 2 different Wi-Fi networks with 2 names and 2 passwords both from the same SP. 

These work differently as they talk to one another, and if you’re wondering around the house, you’ll connect to the device closest or best suited to you but on one named Wi-Fi network. 

if you go to a corporate office and see huge network units on the ceiling (like Cisco) they work the same way but on a much larger scale. 

Waiting to see a pic of your house in the "Things You Often Wonder" thread 😉

• Haha 2

Â