Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

True, 1 man team. But no one wants to admit this.

Like I said earlier different squads for different purposes

We're currently watching a squad built for staying up and moaning that it's not finishing 7th

It will achieve what it's been built to do and will need to be improved before it can do anything else 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

But having quality on the wing is only half the battle.  I can't see Watkins beating many defenders for power or in the air, so the way we play does not make a lot of sense.

We should be playing the ball in behind not getting it wide for crosses.  The way we play does not suit the players we have.

There is that to, we should be playing more thought to Watkins low and fast while he's at least only covered by one or two. We also need to deliver though the middle just as much. Watch the Liverpool game again we did this to them so much it rattled them.

The way I see it is we were better first half of season because we countered faster and smoother and harder than opposition could sort themselves out.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Needed to make this change 20 mins ago at least, asking a lot to change the game in 10 mins

After which he'll be slagged off by everyone.

Even though just that bit of strength just created an opening for us.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's great defending by spurs 

5 players and the keeper in front of Barkley 

Barkley did email them all with what he was going to do and let them get into position before he hit it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I wonder if Keinan thinks he’ll score when he comes on? Feel sorry for him in some ways but he really is in over his head 

He's a player who is move on, he's been unfortunate here at Villa but maybe he'd have better luck else where. We'd be crazy to keep him at Villa now.

• Like 1